    If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
    Thank you.

    Eddy

    long eddy, Jun 18, 2006

  2. long eddy wrote:
    > Using Dell PC
    > on
    > Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
    > ====================
    >
    > Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can use
    > instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
    > drawing shapes easier - with more control?
    >
    > I'm not certain what this thing would be called.
    >
    > If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
    > Thank you.

    Yesssssss. Not sure what this has to do the HTML. One note though, most
    tablets are USB and Win98 USB support for such drivers and a bit flaky I
    have found. I have one, didn't really work very well until upgraded to
    Win2k. Personally I find getting a really good mouse is better and
    cheaper solution. The new laser mice are very good.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 18, 2006

  3. long eddy

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> vouchsafed:

    > Personally I find getting a really good mouse is
    > better and cheaper solution. The new laser mice are very good.

    Yeah, -for about 2-3 months. I've found them cheap and very non-durable,
    at least the MS ones.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.

    Neredbojias, Jun 19, 2006
  4. Neredbojias wrote:
    > To further the education of mankind, "Jonathan N. Little"
    > <> vouchsafed:
    >
    >> Personally I find getting a really good mouse is
    >> better and cheaper solution. The new laser mice are very good.

    > Yeah, -for about 2-3 months. I've found them cheap and very non-durable,
    > at least the MS ones.

    I go for the Logitech. G5 or G7.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 19, 2006
  5. long eddy wrote:
    > Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can use
    > instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
    > drawing shapes easier - with more control?

    I use a Wacom Intuos3 12x12 drawing tablet. For me, it does make
    drawing easier. But they can be mighty pricy. And the little ones are
    a waste of money. Anything smaller than about 9x12 is pretty
    worthless (IMOHO). I think mine was about $600.00

    Travis Newbury, Jun 19, 2006
  6. Travis Newbury wrote:
    > long eddy wrote:
    >> Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can use
    >> instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
    >> drawing shapes easier - with more control?

    > I use a Wacom Intuos3 12x12 drawing tablet. For me, it does make
    > drawing easier. But they can be mighty pricy. And the little ones are
    > a waste of money. Anything smaller than about 9x12 is pretty
    > worthless (IMOHO). I think mine was about $600.00

    You have to spent the $$ for the resolution and pressure level density
    otherwise I agree it is a waste. I have the little one, really useless,
    a cheap mouse optical mouse better!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 19, 2006
  7. long eddy

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> vouchsafed:

    >>> Personally I find getting a really good mouse is
    >>> better and cheaper solution. The new laser mice are very good.

    >> Yeah, -for about 2-3 months. I've found them cheap and very
    >> non-durable, at least the MS ones.
    >>

    > I go for the Logitech. G5 or G7.

    Probably better than MS. Maybe I'll try one in a couple of weeks when this
    POS breaks (-bought in May.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.

    Neredbojias, Jun 19, 2006
  8. long eddy

    dp Guest

    long eddy wrote:
    > Using Dell PC
    > on
    > Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
    > ====================
    >
    > Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I
    > can use instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that
    > would make drawing shapes easier - with more control?
    >
    > I'm not certain what this thing would be called.
    >
    > If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Eddy

    wacom has been making tablets for ages. Pressure sensitive, various
    pens/brushes, etc.
    Using a mouse is like trying to draw with a pencil stuck in a bar of soap.

    --
    dp

    dp, Jun 20, 2006