video converter

long eddy

Trying to convert .mov files using turbinevideo.

I downloaded turbinevideo.

On a PC / Win98 / IE 6 using .mov files, I could not get the program to run.

Reading the FAQ and went to:

Open Movie

but the preview screen remained black.

Any suggestions would be helpful of a video converter that will take Win98
and convert .mov files to:

smaller files that will accept a wider platform - like Flash, etc...
Thank you.

Eddy

cwdjrxyz

long said:
Trying to convert .mov files using turbinevideo.

I downloaded turbinevideo.

On a PC / Win98 / IE 6 using .mov files, I could not get the program to run.

Reading the FAQ and went to:

Open Movie

but the preview screen remained black.

Any suggestions would be helpful of a video converter that will take Win98
and convert .mov files to:

The Turbinevideo program from Blue Pacific works for me on the Windows
XP. Many recent video programs are not designed to work on a Windows 98
or earlier OS, so that might be your problem.

You might try http://www.xilisoft.com/video-converter.html . This
converts many types of video files from one to another, although it may
not handle flash. But you can convert a .mov file to many other types.
A trial version is available for download for free. It will convert
only a few minutes of video, but it should give you an idea about if
and how the program works for you. A pay version that removes the time
limit is available. It works on XP, but I do not know about 98.