video converter

Discussion in 'HTML' started by long eddy, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. long eddy

    long eddy Guest

    Trying to convert .mov files using turbinevideo.

    I downloaded turbinevideo.

    On a PC / Win98 / IE 6 using .mov files, I could not get the program to run.

    Reading the FAQ and went to:

    Open Movie

    but the preview screen remained black.

    Any suggestions would be helpful of a video converter that will take Win98
    and convert .mov files to:

    smaller files that will accept a wider platform - like Flash, etc...
    Thank you.

    Eddy

    -----------------------------
    http://www.blue-pacific.com/products/turbinevideo/default.htm
    long eddy, Jan 6, 2006

  2. long eddy

    Guest

    long eddy wrote:
    > Trying to convert .mov files using turbinevideo.
    >
    > I downloaded turbinevideo.
    >
    > On a PC / Win98 / IE 6 using .mov files, I could not get the program to run.
    >
    > Reading the FAQ and went to:
    >
    > Open Movie
    >
    > but the preview screen remained black.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be helpful of a video converter that will take Win98
    > and convert .mov files to:

    The Turbinevideo program from Blue Pacific works for me on the Windows
    XP. Many recent video programs are not designed to work on a Windows 98
    or earlier OS, so that might be your problem.

    You might try http://www.xilisoft.com/video-converter.html . This
    converts many types of video files from one to another, although it may
    not handle flash. But you can convert a .mov file to many other types.
    A trial version is available for download for free. It will convert
    only a few minutes of video, but it should give you an idea about if
    and how the program works for you. A pay version that removes the time
    limit is available. It works on XP, but I do not know about 98.
    , Jan 7, 2006

  3. long eddy

    Hanson Woo Guest

    total video converter