    cell. Any ideas?

    Thanks!
    Samuel (throw, voetleuce)
    Throw, Apr 7, 2005

  2. Throw wrote:
    > Please take a look at a work in progress:
    > http://www.murray.za.net/grewar/
    >
    > My question is: if you make the browser window small, the
    > background of the top cell fills the entire cell, but if you resize
    > the window rather large, the background seems to follow the text
    > and not fill the entire cell. Any ideas?

    I think it is because the width of the table cell expands only to the
    width of the <h1> within it.

    But once I saw that it was in a triple-nested table, I quickly backed
    away. None of that is necessary.

    Why are you using such an ancient doctype? 3.2? New documents should
    be 4.01 Strict.

    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.murray.za.net/grewar/

    --
    -bts