Grewar web site

Throw

G'day

Please take a look at a work in progress:
http://www.murray.za.net/grewar/

My question is: if you make the browser window small, the background of
the top cell fills the entire cell, but if you resize the window rather
large, the background seems to follow the text and not fill the entire
cell. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Samuel (throw, voetleuce)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Throw said:
Please take a look at a work in progress:
http://www.murray.za.net/grewar/

My question is: if you make the browser window small, the
background of the top cell fills the entire cell, but if you resize
the window rather large, the background seems to follow the text
and not fill the entire cell. Any ideas?

I think it is because the width of the table cell expands only to the
width of the <h1> within it.

But once I saw that it was in a triple-nested table, I quickly backed
away. None of that is necessary.

Why are you using such an ancient doctype? 3.2? New documents should
be 4.01 Strict.

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.murray.za.net/grewar/