Grid view

Guest

Hi All,

I have a Gridview in my asp page. In first bound column I have Id field. I
want this column to be invisible in Gridview but when I selecyt the row i
should be able to get the value of that cell. I set the Column property
Visible = False. and in my code behind page
GridViewRow grow = gdProxy.Rows[gdProxy.EditIndex];
int proxyId = Convert.ToInt32(grow.Cells[0].Text);

But it doesn't work but if I set Visible + true It works. But I don't want
this column to be visible in my grid view but want to get the value of cell.

Guest

Hi All,

I have a Gridview in my asp page. In first bound column I have Id field. I
want this column to be invisible in Gridview but when I selecyt the row i
should be able to get the value of that cell. I set the Column property
Visible = False. and in my code behind page
GridViewRow grow = gdProxy.Rows[gdProxy.EditIndex];
int proxyId = Convert.ToInt32(grow.Cells[0].Text);

But it doesn't work but if I set Visible + true It works. But I don't want
this column to be visible in my grid view but want to get the value of cell.

Use DataKeyNames and DataKeys property to define keys
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.gridview.datakeys.aspx