GridView Column Width Nightmares!!!!!

shaun.laughton

Hi.

I have been banging my head on this problem for hours now!

I have a GridView control on a page with 4 columns and a Select
command column. I am trying to specify the width of the columns in
pixels, and failing miserably.

I go into the 'Edit Columns' option of the control, and specify the
same width of 200px for Header Style,Control Style, Item Style and
Footer Style. In the 'Design' view of VWD is correctly renders the
column widths. However, when I view the page through a browser all of
the columns auto resize themselves to the length of the widest value
for the column. The column widths change in accordance with the
widest value as I page through This happens both using the ASP.NET
Development server and IIS. I have also tried both IE 6 and FireFox
2.0 and the page renders the same in both browsers.

I view the source of the page rendered in IE 6. (By going to browser
drop-down menu View > Source) and the column widths aren't in the
table mark-up.

Could someone point me int the right direction here, as I am about to
throw my computer through the nearest window :eek:)

TIA

Shaun

shaun.laughton

Hi.

I have been banging my head on this problem for hours now!

I have a GridView control on a page with 4 columns and a Select
command column. I am trying to specify the width of the columns in
pixels, and failing miserably.

I go into the 'Edit Columns' option of the control, and specify the
same width of 200px for Header Style,Control Style, Item Style and
Footer Style. In the 'Design' view of VWD is correctly renders the
column widths. However, when I view the page through a browser all of
the columns auto resize themselves to the length of the widest value
for the column. The column widths change in accordance with the
Managed to sort this problem out myself after sleeping on it. It
turns out that the fact that I was using CSS Friendly Adapters was
forcing all GridView controls on m site to te default formatting.
Commenting out the control from the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file
under APP_Browsers fixed my problem.

Cheers

Shaun