GridView

EGON

Hi!
I have a web application with a grid view.
The grid has been modified with Bound Fields and Command fields for Edit.
When initialising the grid I have an own created DataSet that are used as
DataSource for the grid.
When I start the application the grid is fed with the data and everything
looks ok. I click Edit and the row gets editable. I make som changes and
click update and end up in updatingrow event, BUT:
There is no data in e.NewValues and "count" is 0.
What am I doing wrong? Everythinlooks pretty forward to me! So why doesn't
it work?
Regards
/Marcus

andrew

I'm not sure but i think the e.newvalues properties only works if
you're using a binding source such as sqldatasource or
objectdatasource. I'm not exactly sure why since i'm not an expert on
how all of these .net 2.0 controls exactly work together but this same
problem has plauged me for hours before. I'd really like to see
someone elaborate on this issue.

http://gridviewguy.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?articleID=139 seems to agree
with me but has no further insight either =/.

cheers,
andrew

EGON

I got help from a work mate today, and it seems like you are correct. I will
need to add Template columns and then use the sender object in the event.

/Regards