Hamburg.rb meeting...

Stephan Kämper

Hi all,

there's now a Ruby group located in Hamburg, Germany.

DateTime and location of the next (and first as far as is understand)
meeting:

When:
Wednesday, April 4th 2005, 18:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)

Where:
Stresemannstrasse 144, Hamburg, Germany

How to get there: Take the S-Bahn to "Holstenstrasse" (near to the
Theatre/Musical Hall "Neue Flora) and you're nearly there.

Happy rubying

Stephan

Stephan Kämper

Erik said:
Strange combination...

Yes indeed. You're right, I'm wrong.

Of course it's on the sixth of April.

Just to be sure, some lines from irb:

irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'time'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> Time.parse( "2005/04/06 18:00" )
=> Wed Apr 06 18:00:00 Westeuropäische Sommerzeit 2005
irb(main):003:0>

Happy rubying

Stephan

Stephan Kämper

Christian said:
BTW, is there a way to make it display CEST on win32 too?

I'd be interested in an answer to this question, too.
A positive one, to be precise. :)

Anyway, it's not trivial I'd guess, since the abbreviations aren't
unique, although CEST is (at least as far as I know).
So even if you could make your Win32 system return "CEST" (or "MESZ" as
it's abbreviated in Germany) you'd probably be out of luck if you take
your note book with you to another place...

Happy rubying

Stephan