    use beta versions as well).

    Thanks in advance,
    Rajeev
    Rajeev Tipnis, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Rajeev Tipnis

    bruce barker Guest

    this has been answered many times. its not a bug in IIS. its a shortcoming
    in the HTTP protocol. the upload of an oversized file is stoped by closing
    the connection. the browser reports the error anyway it wants, usually as a
    failed request.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 10, 2004

  3. I do not know the details of how the IIS processing
    works, but why can't a webserver lookup the configuration
    during its pipeline processing - and report (provide a
    way to handle this custom error) that the data has
    exceeded what has been configured to be received on the
    server?

    Does HTTP protocol specify that the webserver must close
    the connection if the file size exceeds a size that the
    web server has been configured to receive?

    I've googled around for this information. I likely missed
    the technical details on the net. If there have been
    technical discussions around this topic (including the
    implementations by other webservers - apache and such),
    I'd appreciate if you could point me to those.

    Rajeev Tipnis, Nov 10, 2004