Have asp.net-hosted WinControl write to client

Mark

Hello,
I know that you can host a WinControl in ASP.Net. If I want my Windows User
Control to be able to write to the client's file system (or access a
database, or any other secure action), how could I configure security to
allow this?

I thought I could use .Net Configuration Wizard > RuntimeSecurityPolicy >
Machine >
CodeGroups. I gave the codegroup the Url as evidence to match the page with
the
WinControl. I then gave it the file IO permission.

I still get the error: "The application attempted to perform an operation not
allowed by the security policy. The operation required the
SecurityException... System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..."

Any ideas what else needs to be done?

Thanks,
Mark

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Mark,

you may first try to give it full trust (just to see that it works) and after
that locking down the permissions...

HTH

Mark

Hello,
I made a new group "TestWrite1", and gave it "Everything" and "Full Trust",
but neither affected the problem.
I tried this on both Machine and User.

Is there something else I need to do to make this take affect?

Thanks,
Mark