    http://home.no.net/ingernet/cont.php

    --
    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Nov 13, 2004

  2. Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen said:

    > http://home.no.net/ingernet/cont.php

    couldn't find an email address to email you. not everyone likes forms.
    and dump sending a copy to the email address supplied, people will use
    your form to spam.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 13, 2004

  3. Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html brucie said:

    >> http://home.no.net/ingernet/cont.php

    > couldn't find an email address to email you. not everyone likes forms.
    > and dump sending a copy to the email address supplied, people will use
    > your form to spam.

    and you don't appear to be validating whats submitted. what happens to
    your account if i upload 500mb or a few gb? shutdown for exceeding
    account limit? extra charges? what happens if i upload a bit of evil
    scripting?

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 13, 2004
  4. brucie wrote:
    > In alt.html brucie said:
    >

    >>>http://home.no.net/ingernet/cont.php

    >>couldn't find an email address to email you. not everyone likes forms.

    But still you tried my form! Thanks! (It was you,
    not someone pretending to be you?)
    The Home link takes you to a mailto-link (that
    only works in IE, ugh...) and a text version of my
    address. That's not enough? However, it was the
    form I was eager to test this time.

    >>and dump sending a copy to the email address supplied, people will use
    >>your form to spam.

    Do people search for forms that sends automatic

    > and you don't appear to be validating whats submitted. what happens to
    > your account if i upload 500mb or a few gb? shutdown for exceeding
    > account limit? extra charges? what happens if i upload a bit of evil
    > scripting?

    71 kB of Lorem ipsum and a <? phpinfo(); ?> is no
    problem, but why would anybody send me megs of
    text? Do I have to prepare for that??

    --
    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Nov 13, 2004
  5. Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen said:

    > Do people search for forms that sends automatic

    yes, its very popular. why have your own account shut down when you can
    just use someones insecure form.

    > 71 kB of Lorem ipsum and a <? phpinfo(); ?> is no
    > problem, but why would anybody send me megs of
    > text?

    nothing better to do in the school holidays and just because they can.

    > Do I have to prepare for that??

    *yes*

    you need to check everything thats submitted and either cut it off or
    dump it entirely.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 13, 2004
  6. brucie wrote:

    > In alt.html Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen said:
    >

    >>Do people search for forms that sends automatic

    > yes, its very popular. why have your own account shut down when you can
    > just use someones insecure form.
    >

    >>71 kB of Lorem ipsum and a <? phpinfo(); ?> is no
    >>problem, but why would anybody send me megs of
    >>text?

    > nothing better to do in the school holidays and just because they can.
    >

    >>Do I have to prepare for that??

    > *yes*
    >
    > you need to check everything thats submitted and either cut it off or
    > dump it entirely.

    The form was meant to reduce the spam flow, not
    not to make it bigger! Seems I need help to get
    those fields checked. I'd appreciate your help...

    --
    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Nov 13, 2004
  7. Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen said:

    > The form was meant to reduce the spam flow, not
    > not to make it bigger!

    only accept email with a text/plain mime and there isn't a spam issue.

    > Seems I need help to get those fields checked. I'd appreciate your
    > help...

    sorry, its midnight. time for me to hunt and feeeeeeed.

    this isn't too bad:
    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2004/08/26/PHPformhandling.html

    you may want to check out:
    http://pear.php.net/package/HTML_QuickForm

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 13, 2004
  8. In article <yaold.7626$>,
    lid says...
    > brucie wrote:

    > >>couldn't find an email address to email you. not everyone likes forms.

    > But still you tried my form! Thanks! (It was you,
    > not someone pretending to be you?)
    > The Home link takes you to a mailto-link (that
    > only works in IE, ugh...)

    That's because your script is trying to do this:
    document.write ('<a href='mailto:...'>Mail Me</a>');

    Change the apostrophes around the mailto:..address to speech marks
    instead.

    --
    Hywel

    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 13, 2004
  9. Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    >>The Home link takes you to a mailto-link (that
    >>only works in IE, ugh...)

    > That's because your script is trying to do this:
    > document.write ('<a href='mailto:...'>Mail Me</a>');
    >
    > Change the apostrophes around the mailto:..address to speech marks
    > instead.

    You mean "like this"? I even tried the ‘raised
    commas’, but no changes...

    --
    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Nov 13, 2004
  10. Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen wrote:
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    >>> The Home link takes you to a mailto-link (that only works in IE, ugh...)

    >> That's because your script is trying to do this:
    >> document.write ('<a href='mailto:...'>Mail Me</a>');
    >>
    >> Change the apostrophes around the mailto:..address to speech marks
    >> instead.

    > You mean "like this"? I even tried the ‘raised commas’, but no changes...

    The solution for me was to move all the contact
    stuff into cont.php which already is plain
    text/html. Even Brucie will be happy now (I hope!)

    --
    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Nov 14, 2004
  11. brucie wrote:

    >> but why would anybody send me megs of
    >>text?

    > nothing better to do in the school holidays and just because they can.
    >

    >>Do I have to prepare for that??

    > *yes*
    >
    > you need to check everything thats submitted and either cut it off or
    > dump it entirely.

    Try it now, brucie!
    I have made some changes to thr mail form. Send me
    what you have!

    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Nov 19, 2004