    Thanks in advance!

    Best regards
    Alex
    Alex Funke, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Alex Funke wrote:

    > I have to make a website for blind people and people with bad eyes. So i
    > have to stucture the hole site a bit different than for normal seeing
    > people.

    Why? A well structured site is a well structured site. You shouldn't need to
    do anything _different_ to cater for people with impaired vision.

    > That´s all no problem, but i need a headline within a tablecell
    > whithout a linebreak. Is this possible. Via CSS?? Or is there another tag
    > to declare a headline except <th> and <thead>??.

    Do you mean a regular heading? Or do you mean a column / row heading? Table
    heading cells don't cause line breaks, they aren't rows.

    I suggest you post a URL to a webpage showing what data you are trying to
    deal with. It seems likely that
    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts is the answer.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Aug 30, 2004

  3. *Alex Funke* wrote in alt.html:
    > Hey Newsgroup. I have to make a website for blind people and people with
    > bad eyes. So i have to stucture the hole site a bit different than for
    > normal seeing people.

    <Red flag>
    This implies that you're used to writing inaccessible sites, if that's
    the case and you're tasked with writing an accessible one you'll have a
    bit of a learning curve to climb. Here's some randomish starter links:

    http://diveintoaccessibility.org/
    http://www.accessiblenet.org/
    http://www.accessifyforum.com/
    http://valet.webthing.com/
    http://www.headscape.co.uk/view_article.asp?PageId=5&ArticleId=132
    http://www.cynthiasays.com/

    > That´s all no problem, but i need a headline within a tablecell whithout
    > a linebreak.

    If this is a presentational table, then you're potentially making the
    site difficult to use for the target audience.

    > Is this possible. Via CSS??

    A heading is a heading is a heading: 'h1' to 'h6', presentation is
    handled in CSS, _meaning_ is handled in HTML.

    > Or is there another tag to declare a headline except <th> and <thead>??.

    Is this a table heading or should it be the 'h1'-'h6' sort of heading? A
    table heading is designed to mark-up the column type/description of a
    data table, 'h1-h6' headings are designed to mark-up sections and
    subsections in a document.
    --
    Andrew Urquhart
    - FAQ: http://www.html-faq.com
    Andrew Urquhart, Aug 30, 2004
  4. Alex Funke

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Hey Newsgroup.
    > I have to make a website for blind people and people with bad eyes. So i have to stucture the hole site a bit different than for
    > normal seeing people.

    No 20-20 sited people will ever visit?

    --
    WebcastMaker