Headline without linebreak

Alex Funke

Hey Newsgroup.
I have to make a website for blind people and people with bad eyes. So i have to stucture the hole site a bit different than for
normal seeing people. That´s all no problem, but i need a headline within a tablecell whithout a linebreak. Is this possible. Via
CSS?? Or is there another tag to declare a headline except <th> and <thead>??.
Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Alex

David Dorward

Alex said:
I have to make a website for blind people and people with bad eyes. So i
have to stucture the hole site a bit different than for normal seeing
people.

Why? A well structured site is a well structured site. You shouldn't need to
do anything _different_ to cater for people with impaired vision.
That´s all no problem, but i need a headline within a tablecell
whithout a linebreak. Is this possible. Via CSS?? Or is there another tag
to declare a headline except <th> and <thead>??.

Do you mean a regular heading? Or do you mean a column / row heading? Table
heading cells don't cause line breaks, they aren't rows.

I suggest you post a URL to a webpage showing what data you are trying to
deal with. It seems likely that
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts is the answer.

Andrew Urquhart

*Alex Funke* wrote in alt.html:
Hey Newsgroup. I have to make a website for blind people and people with
bad eyes. So i have to stucture the hole site a bit different than for
normal seeing people.

<Red flag>
This implies that you're used to writing inaccessible sites, if that's
the case and you're tasked with writing an accessible one you'll have a
bit of a learning curve to climb. Here's some randomish starter links:

http://diveintoaccessibility.org/
http://www.accessiblenet.org/
http://www.accessifyforum.com/
http://valet.webthing.com/
http://www.headscape.co.uk/view_article.asp?PageId=5&ArticleId=132
http://www.cynthiasays.com/
That´s all no problem, but i need a headline within a tablecell whithout
a linebreak.

If this is a presentational table, then you're potentially making the
site difficult to use for the target audience.
Is this possible. Via CSS??

A heading is a heading is a heading: 'h1' to 'h6', presentation is
handled in CSS, _meaning_ is handled in HTML.
Or is there another tag to declare a headline except <th> and <thead>??.

Is this a table heading or should it be the 'h1'-'h6' sort of heading? A
table heading is designed to mark-up the column type/description of a
data table, 'h1-h6' headings are designed to mark-up sections and
subsections in a document.

WebcastMaker

Hey Newsgroup.
I have to make a website for blind people and people with bad eyes. So i have to stucture the hole site a bit different than for
normal seeing people.

No 20-20 sited people will ever visit?