Helma Javascript Web Application Framework

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by czv, May 24, 2006.

  1. czv

    czv Guest

    We just released the RC1 of a new version of our open source project.
    If you want to explore the use of Javascript on the *server-side* for a
    change, this is an ideal time :) ...I would really appreciate some
    feedback from "newcomers".

    Helma is an open source web application framework for fast and
    efficient scripting and serving of your websites and Internet
    applications.

    Helma is written in Java and employs Javascript for its server-side
    scripting environment, removing the need for compilation cycles and
    reducing development costs while giving you instant access to leverage
    the whole wealth of Java libraries out there.

    Helma pioneered the simple and codeless mapping of application objects
    to database tables, which has only recently come into vogue with other
    web frameworks. In addition, an embedded object-oriented database
    performs automatic data persistence of unmapped objects.

    New features in Helma 1.5 include a flexible new way to load multiple
    code repositories, many low-level improvements and features such as
    updateable collections, additional web-based development tools that can
    run inside your applications and complement existing external debugging
    and database management tools, and a library of Javascript prototypes
    and methods that extend the Java based core of Helma.

    You can download it here and take it for a spin:

    http://helma.org/download/

    We have also put together a welcome application that will provide you
    with a quick introduction:

    http://welcome.mocha.ch/

    This web app is also what will run on your local system after you
    download and install Helma 1.5.

    Chris

    czv, May 24, 2006