Help About URL Rewriting

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by esad, Jul 24, 2010.

  1. esad

    esad Guest

    Hi,

    I have a asp.net 2.0 website. I want the links to look user friendly,
    search engine friendly and easy to track. I tried
    intelligencia.UrlRewriter and could invert links to what I want them
    to look like. However I couldn't accomplished to map them(I think the
    IIS side) so I recieve server error(source cannot found). I have read
    several articles and follow the instructions whereas I couldnt able to
    complete. I need to work with multiple querystrings as well.

    Can someone help and provide me a full complete instruction with
    whatever rewriter or method? Or give an idea.

    I want my default page url to look like www.domain.com/somevaluefromdatabase/sometextfromdatabase
    and when I click on the button it should directed to the
    www.domain.com/CheckOut/somevaluefromdatabase/sometextfromdatabase
    and get somevaluefromdatabase as a querystring.

    Thanks in advance

    Esad
    esad, Jul 24, 2010

  2. esad

    PJ6 Guest

    URL rewrite requires IIS7, and it's possible either your development machine
    or your server has IIS6.

    If you're willing to investigate the other options, I would recommend you
    look at routing as a (possibly) superior alternative.

    I've used routing myself to allow a smooth transition from WebForms to an
    MVC-style design with pretty good results.

    Just dug this link up, it might help you get started -
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/url_rewriting_routing.aspx

    Paul

    PJ6, Jul 27, 2010

  3. esad

    Roshawn Guest

    If you don't mind upgrading to ASP.NET 3.5, then you can easily create friendly urls using
    the System.Web.Routing assembly.

    Shawn

    Roshawn, Jul 27, 2010