Help: activeLDAP installation

Bil Kleb

I'm stumped. How do I install activeLDAP?
(on a Fedora Core 3 box)

I installed ruby-ldap-0.9.0 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ruby-ldap/
and then,

sudo gem install ruby-activeldap
[..]
Successfully installed ruby-activeldap-0.5.5

But,

irb> require 'ldap'
=> true

irb> require 'rubygems'
=> true

irb> require 'activeldap'
=> false

What have I done wrong?

Am I using the wrong LDAP base? (There appears
to be two, although Austin's RubyForge project
hasn't released any files?)

Thanks,

Dick Davies

* Bil Kleb said:
I'm stumped. How do I install activeLDAP?
(on a Fedora Core 3 box)

I installed ruby-ldap-0.9.0 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ruby-ldap/
and then,

sudo gem install ruby-activeldap
[..]
Successfully installed ruby-activeldap-0.5.5

But,

irb> require 'ldap'
=> true

irb> require 'rubygems'
=> true

irb> require 'activeldap'
=> false

What have I done wrong?

It's a gem, so try:

require 'rubygems'
require_gem 'activeldap'

Bil Kleb

Dick said:
It's a gem, so try:

require 'rubygems'
require_gem 'ruby-activeldap'

Doh! I guess my lack of sleep is taking a heavier
toll than I realized... :)

Thanks,