HELP: ActiveX Control on webform

VB Programmer

I am going to use an ActiveX control on my webform.

1. How can I set it up so that if a user views the web page and doesn't
have the ActiveX control it immediately/automatically downloads it from a
predefined location?

2. How do I handle registering it on their machine (with 'regsvr32'?), or
do I even need to do this? (This ActiveX control is an unmanaged,
non-server control.)

Thanks,
Robert

Vidar Petursson

Hi

Make an internet install CAB file and reference the CAB file with the
CODEBASE tag in your OBJECT tag

The CAB file should contain a setup program for the control that installs
the control/registers it in the system registry

<OBJECT ID="myControl" CLASSID="CLSID:whatever"
CODEBASE="http://WHERE.com/MYCONTROL">

Best Regards
Vidar Petursson
Microsoft Internet Client & Controls MVP