Help: Cannot open or create any web applicatoin!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by CM, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. CM

    CM Guest

    Hi there:
    I have a web project which can be open and run without problem. I didn't
    open the web application for a period and during which I didn't modified any
    IIS items, but now I cannot open any web project even cannot create a new
    one. The message for create a new web project is:
    ----------------------
    The default web access mode for this project is set to file share, but the
    project folder at "http://locahost/WebApplication1"cannot be opened with the
    path 'd:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1'. The error returned was:
    Unable to create Web project 'WebApplication1'/ The file path
    'd:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1' does not correspond to the URL
    http://locahost/WebApplication1. The two need to map to the same server
    location. HTTP Error 500: Server Error
    What would you like to do?
    Retry using a different file share path
    Try to open the project eith FrontPage Server Extensions
    --------------------
    I tried everything, but non is working.
    Please help!
    Thanks!
    CM

    CM, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Did you try deleting all webs through iis and then adding
    back your web? That has worked for me before.

    Terry Orzechowski, Jun 28, 2003

  3. CM

    CM Guest

    Re: Cannot open or create any web applicatoin!

    Thanks for reply.
    What do you mean deleting "all" webs? I just deleted the virtual directory
    of the web project. but this did not help. Do you think this is not enough?
    How to delete "all" webs? Will this has any impact on other function?

    CM

    CM, Jun 29, 2003