Help - horiz Layer positioning - different in IE and Firefox - Why?

cluthz

Jonathan N. Little said:
Content is not the problem, basic design concept is.

Yeah even some of the pages have not been updated. But generally do you mean
something that will effect many users in a serious way?

Is this something easily fixed or generally that I first need to get a lot
deeper understanding before I would be able to fix if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

Jonathan N. Little

cluthz said:
Yeah even some of the pages have not been updated. But generally do you mean
something that will effect many users in a serious way?

I would say so! If you are relying on the visitor to have the *exact
font* that you used when design the page, and maybe the *exact browser*
you used to test the page, and the *exact settings* as your browser, and
the *exact display* as yours so your absolute-to-the-pixel-positioned
image will line up the indicate what page your on... Well, that's just
one example.

I told you if you bump up the font size a tad your little on-page
indicator is positioned in the totally wrong place. Also your other text
blows out everywhere worse than John Water's Devine shoe-horned into a
size 2 frock!

Is this something easily fixed or generally that I first need to get a lot
deeper understanding before I would be able to fix if you know what I mean.

Think your need you restart and learn how to use relative positioning
and adjustable, flexible layouts.... Try Googling "liquid layout" for a
treasure-trove of examples...