Help: JMF doesn't find any device

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andre Betz, Nov 9, 2008.

  1. Andre Betz

    Andre Betz Guest

    Hi,
    I want to get a snapshot of my webcam with java. So I installed JMF
    2.1.1e with Java SDK 6 update 7 and EClipse 3.4.0.
    I followd the instructions from sun and JMStudio shows me a live picture
    from this webcam.

    I also
    set CASSPATH=%JMFDIR%\lib\jmf.jar;%JMFDIR%\lib\sound.jar;.;%CLASSPATH%
    set PATH=%JMFDIR%\lib;%PATH%

    But when I call in my Java program

    Vector vec = (Vector) CaptureDeviceManager.getDeviceList(null);

    the vector is null

    I also tried it with

    String str = "vfw:Microsoft WDM Image Capture (Win32):0"; // what
    JMStudio says
    di = CaptureDeviceManager.getDevice(str);

    and nothing happens

    Does anybody knows what is wrong or what I have to do instead?
    best regards
    André Betz
    Andre Betz, Nov 9, 2008