Help: JMF doesn't find any device

Andre Betz

Hi,
I want to get a snapshot of my webcam with java. So I installed JMF
2.1.1e with Java SDK 6 update 7 and EClipse 3.4.0.
I followd the instructions from sun and JMStudio shows me a live picture
from this webcam.

I also
set CASSPATH=%JMFDIR%\lib\jmf.jar;%JMFDIR%\lib\sound.jar;.;%CLASSPATH%
set PATH=%JMFDIR%\lib;%PATH%

But when I call in my Java program

Vector vec = (Vector) CaptureDeviceManager.getDeviceList(null);

the vector is null

I also tried it with

String str = "vfw:Microsoft WDM Image Capture (Win32):0"; // what
JMStudio says
di = CaptureDeviceManager.getDevice(str);

and nothing happens

Does anybody knows what is wrong or what I have to do instead?
best regards
André Betz