help on authentification troubles

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Oct 4, 2005.

  1. Dear all,

    I am testing a simple web application with authentification and authorisation
    I have define the following entry in my web.config file:

    <authentication mode="Forms" >
    <forms loginUrl="Login.aspx">
    <credentials passwordFormat="Clear">
    <user name="Jessee" password="JuneBug"/>
    <user name="Linda" password="Liste"/>
    </credentials>
    </forms>
    </authentication>

    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>

    This works great if I run my application locally. Then I create a setup
    project and installed it on a dedicated server runing server 2003.
    I let default settings of IIS.

    Then if I try to reach the page by http:\\myserver\myWeb I get an error page
    saying that forbiden access.

    Then I chamge IIS setting to be Windows identification. At that time when I
    try to type in same adress, I get a login windows (sounds more logic) on
    which I type an authorized user login on the server but still no way to
    display the first page.

    The first page which should display is named WebForm1.aspx. Even if I type
    http:\\myserver\myWeb\WebForm1.aspx I get the same trouble

    What I am doing wrong ?

    Thanks for your help
    regards
    serge
    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Oct 4, 2005