    ready to display

    Yours in anticipation

    john

    John, Jan 16, 2006

  2. John

    Evertjan. Guest

    John wrote on 16 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I have an ASP page that take a while to render and want to display a
    > note on screen ie Loading.. whilst the page is created and downloaded
    > from the server. How do i achieve this, everything i've tried wiats
    > until the page is ready to display

    Not with serversided code, and asp runs serverside.

    With clientside code [ask a clientside NG] it is possible.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jan 16, 2006

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2498

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 16, 2006
  4. John

    John Guest

    Thanks bob resolved my problem

    It was the response.flush that i needed

    John

    John, Jan 16, 2006
  5. John

    Guest

    And often I use a Response.Flush just after the top part of my page.
    Thus no "Please wait." message is shown but the user can see that a new
    page is starting to be rendered.

    Best regards,
    -Paul
    www.Bullschmidt.com - Freelance Web and Database Developer