Help Plz

Jawad Rehman

My name is jawad i am computer software Student at URT .I have an
idea which i want to implement as a final year project..the Idea is to
develop
application that reside on server.when user request to server
,according to request appropriate application loaded dynamically in the
client machine in o.s environment.

we have an example of applet,but it runs under another application
which is browser.

My Idea is to develop architectuer for programmers to develop such
type of applications .

Is this type of work possible at Application Layer.or Operating system
Level Constrains are involved.
I need some outline help.and internet Resources Links. so that to start
my project.

Andrew Thompson

Jawad said:
My name is jawad

G'day. First thing I will point out is that 'Help Plz' is not
a good subject line. Based on your question, I might suggest
that 'Web launched applications - how?' or something similar
would have provided readers with more motivation to read
your post than 'Help Plz'.

'Help' is (almost) expected. otherwise, why would you post?
'Plz' is redundant - people here expect politeness, but not to the
extent of adding words that burn bandwidth, without adding to
the problem description (and politeness is best expressed in
actions, rather than words).
....i am computer software Student at URT .I have an
idea which i want to implement as a final year project..the Idea is to
develop
application that reside on server.when user request to server
,according to request appropriate application loaded dynamically in the
client machine in o.s environment.

we have an example of applet,but it runs under another application
which is browser.

My Idea is to develop architectuer for programmers to develop such
type of applications .

Java developers would usually rely on a client-side application
to take care of application deployment. It is known as
Java Web-Start (JWS), and comes built into Java.

The way it works is that a relatively small/short .JNLP file is
downloaded that tells the JWS exe. the applications (jar files)
and resources the program needs, then JWS downloads those
Jar files and resources as needed.

Your requirements/spec. may go significanlty beyond what
JWS offers, or provide it in a different way, but I strongly
recommend you get familiar with JWS and how it works
before proceeding too far into this project.

Andrew T.

Martin Gregorie

Jawad said:
My name is jawad i am computer software Student at URT .I have an
idea which i want to implement as a final year project..the Idea is to
develop
application that reside on server.when user request to server
,according to request appropriate application loaded dynamically in the
client machine in o.s environment.

we have an example of applet,but it runs under another application
which is browser.

My Idea is to develop architectuer for programmers to develop such
type of applications .

Is this type of work possible at Application Layer.or Operating system
Level Constrains are involved.
I need some outline help.and internet Resources Links. so that to start
my project.
It already exists for UNIX/Linux

man xinetd