Help: Upgrade Problem

Amy Lee

Hello,

What if I download perl-5.10.0 and to upgrade, whether I need to reinstall
the modules?

Thank you~

Regards,

Amy

Amy Lee

Yes, you will need to reinstall any modules that have an XS
component. That is, those that have a compiled binary, not just pure
Perl code. That's usually not necessary for a minor update, from 5.8.x
to 5.8.y for example, but going to 5.10 from an earlier 5.x release is
a major update.

sherm--
Thank you very much~

Amy