Help with frames

Ed Mulroy

I've a page that uses frames. It seems to display properly in FireFox but
not in IE 6. It used to be the other way, ok with IE but not with FireFox
but changed when I fixed a problem with the frame.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

This is the page:
http://home.nc.rr.com/emulroy/magframe.htm

The change which flipped which of the two browsers will display the page is
shown in the comment below:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<head>
<title>Magazines &amp; News</title>
</head>

<frameset rows="35%,65%">

<frameset cols="100%">
<frame src="magstop.htm">
</frameset>
<!-- added line above and FireFox now correctly shows
the page and IE doesn't -->

<frameset cols="33%,33%,33%">
<frame src="nwsdaily.htm">
<frame src="nwsintl.htm">
<frame src="nwsndail.htm">
</frameset>

</frameset>

BootNic

Ed Mulroy said:
I've a page that uses frames. It seems to display properly in
FireFox but not in IE 6. It used to be the other way, ok with IE
but not with FireFox but changed when I fixed a problem with the
frame.

[snip]

<frameset rows="35%,65%">

suggestion...rows="35%,*"
<frameset cols="100%">

Remove the above frameset
<frame src="magstop.htm">
</frameset>

Remove the above closing frameset
<frameset cols="33%,33%,33%">

suggestion ... cols="33%,*,33%"
<frame src="nwsdaily.htm">
<frame src="nwsintl.htm">
<frame src="nwsndail.htm">
</frameset>
</frameset>

--
BootNic Saturday, May 20, 2006 7:35 PM

One must learn by doing the thing, for though you think you know it,
you have no certainty until you try.
*Aristotle*

Ed Mulroy

That worked well - thanks!!!