Help with JavaService ... can't start example applications

Discussion in 'Java' started by Alessandro, Feb 9, 2009.

  1. Alessandro

    Alessandro Guest

    Hi,
    I need to start a java application as Windows Service, I'm using tool
    JavaService, considered by many people as "standard de facto" about making
    java applications services.

    It should be very easy but I can't do it ... reading manuals and examples,
    it creates correctly the service but it remains in "starting" status also
    after reboot.

    This is BAT file about example application included in the install packet
    (Java Service ver 2.0.10, Windows XP Professional, admin user), a bit
    modified to be simpler:

    //START BAT
    @echo off
    cls

    set JAVASERVICE_PATH=C:\Java Service 2.0.10
    set JAVA_HOME=C:\Programmi\Java\jdk1.6.0_06
    SET APPLICATION_HOME=C:\Java Service 2.0.10
    set SERVICE_NAME=SimpleService

    set PATH=%PATH%;"%JAVASERVICE_PATH%"

    javaservice -install %SERVICE_NAME%
    %JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll -Djava.class.path="%APPLICATION_HOM%"\SampleService.jar
    -Xms16M -Xmx32M -start org.objectweb.javaservice.test.SampleService -params
    start memory -stop org.objectweb.javaservice.test.SampleService -method
    serviceStop -out "%APPLICATION_HOME%"\stdout.log -err
    "%APPLICATION_HOME%"\stderr.log

    pause

    //END BAT

    Thanks and best regards for any idea,
    Alessandro

    Alessandro, Feb 9, 2009

  2. Alessandro

    Lew Guest

    Re: JavaService ... help, can't start example application

    On Feb 9, 5:27 pm, "Alessandro" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I need to start a java application as Windows Service, I'm using tool
    > JavaService, considered by many people as "standard de facto" about making
    > java applications services.

    Please do not multi-post.

    f/u set to clj.help

    --