HI - Crystal report generation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Devendra, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. Devendra

    Devendra Guest

    Hi,
    I am using ASP.NET 2.0 beta.
    I want to create a crystal report and convert it into a pdf and flush it on
    the browser.

    first of all can i create a crystal report using .ttx file i.e. the Field
    definition what we used to do in ASP times.
    If yes then can any one tell me how to do that.
    I creates a .ttx file using crystal report 8.5 ( which i can simply create
    using the notepad ) and try to to use it in Database experts in the database
    fields.
    then i went to Create new connection --> Database files --> I choosen .ttx
    file and selected this file which i have just created.

    CustID long
    CustCode string 50
    CustName string 200
    AccNo string 30

    It give me error with these messageboxes numbered as 1 and 2 below

    1. Failed to load database information
    2. Unknown Query Engine Error

    Or can any one tell me how to create the crystal report using my own class.

    And Which one would work faster.

    Thanks,
    Regards

    Dev
    Devendra, Oct 25, 2005

  2. Hi Devendra,

    For crystal reports in .NET, we can use the .NET's ADO.NET classes,
    DataSet/DataTable to populate a certain reportdocument.

    http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/4266/

    Also, currently we only support install/setup related issues of crystal
    reports. For more detailed dev issue, I'd recommend try contacting the
    crystal reports support according to he following kb article:

    How to get help with Crystal Reports - International and U.S
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=100368

    Thanks for your understanding.

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support