[HIBERNATE] [EVALUATION] - Gavin King Censors Hibernate Forum

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ilias Lazaridis, Dec 27, 2004.

  1. followup-to: comp.lang.java.softwaretools

    -

    nntp access to hibernate devel group:

    -
    -
    -

    At first, I ask about an nntp user forum.

    See the arrogant reaction of the team, which ignores user needs (this
    topic was discussed in the past, too):

    [Hibernate] [PROJECT] - Missing nntp user forum
    http://www.mail-archive.com//msg04161.html

    Subthread:
    http://www.mail-archive.com//msg04200.html

    -

    Next I evaluate against the fictive product jamStore:

    See again with which arrogance the team rejects my offer to work
    together towards the direction to produce some quickstarts as described
    on the jamStore page [which would allow a 1h quick-start]:

    [PRODUCT] ORM + RDBMS = OODBMS / Evaluation Against Fictive jamStore
    http://www.mail-archive.com//msg04180.html

    Subthread:

    SV: [Hibernate] Re: [PRODUCT] ORM + RDBMS = OODBMS / Evaluation Against
    Fictive jamStore

    -

    See how simple Mr. Gavin King (JBoss) removes a granted right (to post
    on the devel forum):

    [Hibernate] FYI
    http://www.mail-archive.com//msg04208.html

    -

    My response in another thread:

    "
    To Gavin King:
    Removing a person [which writes fully in topic] from a mailinglist is
    censorship.
    http://www.mail-archive.com//msg04208.html
    -
    This here is not your personal playground.
    I ask you friendly to stop removing me from the list.
    "
    source:
    http://www.mail-archive.com//msg04209.html

    -
    -
    -

    The response: A personal Censorship Attack against my person:

    "
    Your mail to 'hibernate-devel' with the subject

    Re: SV: Re: [PRODUCT] ORM + RDBMS = OODBMS / Evaluation Against
    Fictive
    jamStore

    The reason it is being held:

    Sender is explicitly forbidden

    notification of the moderator's decision.
    "

    -
    -
    -

    A weak team lead like Gavin King (Jboss, Hibernate Lead developer) in
    conjunction with a team which ignores
    * user needs
    * user experience
    * users effort
    cannot produce the next generation software systems.

    Evaluation aborted.

    [will continue it if i cannot find another solution]

    -
    -
    -

    Act against Censorship on Java Forums.