    like to start my WebApp with all these bars hidden. How?

    Thanks,

    Just D.
    Just D., Jul 17, 2005

  2. Using "window.External" in java script you have access to all IE bars

    Mariano

    Mariano Omar Rodriguez, Jul 17, 2005

  3. Just D.

    Just D. Guest

    Not to argue, just to comment... :)

    Respecting all users I'm still needing to do that just because I'm not
    playing games, but writing a huge WebApp doing a lot of stuff for these
    users and these users agreed to work with this app. And as more they got
    space for their own work as better for them. Do you feel the difference now?

    Just D., Jul 17, 2005
  4. Not to answer your question, just to comment.

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jul 17, 2005
  5. No, it doesn't make any principal difference. Even if you are programming
    for Intranet, it is unlikely that the users will have their machines 100%
    dedicated to your app. They will decide what they need more: more space for
    content or their toolbars. Some user have accessibility problems. Other just
    like large fonts no matter what is on the screen. Anyway, I don't think you
    can effect their setting. In the same way as you can't change their
    resolution. You can only recommend.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jul 17, 2005
  6. Just D.

    Just D. Guest

    Sometimes newsgroups are so funny... You can ask how to do something and get
    a comprehensive explanation why you don't need that... :)

    Just D., Jul 17, 2005
  7. Just D.

    jasonkester Guest

    In your case, you get both. I have an application that needs a
    fullscreen window with no clutter. I simply open a new window with no
    toolbars, scrollbars, etc. and size it to the user's desktop. The
    user knows it's coming, and it doesn't affect the settings of their
    browser.

    But seriously, tread lightly on other people's settings. If you need
    more convincing on this issue, consider the sites on the internet that
    do the things you are looking to do. There are indeed site you can go
    to that will resize your browser, strip off your explorer bar, add
    bookmarks to your favorites, set themselves as your homepage, and
    refuse to let you close them. Think what you do when you see this
    happening: Frantically click the close button until they die, and
    hopefully before they get too far with their scripting attack on your
    browser.

    Do you really want your site to be classified in this category?

    Jason Kester
    Expat Software Consulting Services
    http://www.expatsoftware.com/
    jasonkester, Jul 18, 2005
  8. Just D.

    Just D. Guest

    HI Jason,

    I think you're not following the main purpose. It's not a freeware
    accessible to anybody web site, but the WebApp, complicated enough and the
    users are expecting the things like what I'm looking for, they are paying
    money to work with this application and we decide together what to
    implement. Nobody else is able to login until he agreed to pay money and
    knew what to do with this app. That's the difference between the sites with
    backdoors, tracers, Trojan horses, viruses, etc. and my WebApp.

    Does this answer your questions?

    Just D.

    Just D., Jul 18, 2005
  9. I have faced a similar requirement for an enterprise web application I worked
    on.. I did not find any way to change the first IE window the user opens...

    The work around that we did was Opening a full screen ModalDialog with all
    bars hidden... This way the user does not get confused with 2 windows in the
    screen. You probably have considered about this option already.

    Another option our team discussed was to have a simple small client app that
    will just open a full screen IE and browse the web application (from clicking
    a desktop icon)... Even though in our case the client computers were
    dedicated 100% for this web application, we never perused to experiment this
    option.... it got many other disadvantageous...

    This is my < 0.02 $..... :)

    Incase you find a different work around, kindly post here

    =?Utf-8?B?U3JlZWppdGggUmFt?=, Jul 19, 2005
  10. Just D.

    majiswala

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2007