Hierarchical and recursive nested datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by nicolas, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. nicolas

    nicolas Guest

    Hi!
    I want to populate a hierarchical datagrid with a parent-child datatable.

    Category | ParentCategory | Name
    xxx | xxx | xxx

    What i want to do is to populate one datagrid with the first level category
    column and each time we click on the +/- button of a category row,
    it should insert a datagrid with the child category in this row. etc... (A
    type of treeview but with datagrid)

    -Category 1ID | Category1 Name
    -|__ Category 1.1| Category 1.1 Name
    +|__ Category 1.2 | Category 1.2 Name

    +Category 2ID | Category2 Name

    Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for my poor english.
    nicolas, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Hi Nicolas,

    Make sure you check out this excellent article and code. It goes at least one
    level, so you may be able to nest it double.

    Nested Grids for Hierarchical Data

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/CuttingEdge/

    --

    Help stop SWEN in the newsgroups - Get the W32.Swen.A@mm Removal Tool:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Sep 30, 2003

  3. OK, this article is great.
    But I need to use only one table with parent-child relations columns.
    How can i use my table with the nestedDatagrid and how can i have more than
    2 level?

    Thanks a lot.

    Nicolas Chevet, Sep 30, 2003