    the previous page is regenerated (the page_load event is called).

    It is the same page but in a different sequence. In Firefox it works fine!!

    Alai

    Alain, Apr 12, 2006

  2. and what do u need?

    to display a cahed version or a new version?

    --

    Bruno Alexandre
    (a Portuguese in Denmark)

    Bruno Alexandre, Apr 12, 2006

  3. Alain

    Alain Guest

    Hello Bruno,

    I should suspect that when I hit the back button, the cached version is displayed
    (if nothing is set to specifically reload the page).

    I will describe my problem in more detail:

    I have a search results page with a state. When I select the detail and hit
    the back button, the results are kept and everything is OK. But on the detail
    page is also a link that opens another popup detail window. If I hit the
    back button after opening the popup window, the search page is reloaded and
    executes the Page_load event. This is not suspected behaviour because firefox
    does this correctly.

    In all cases I need the page from the cache.

    Alain

    Alain, Apr 12, 2006
  4. Alain

    Mike Guest

    You may have caching turned off in IE. If that is the case, then IE
    will not use a cached version, even if the site says the page can be
    cached.

    1) use IE menu "Tools" -> "Internet Options"
    2) in the "temporary internet files" section, select the "Settings"
    button
    3) set the "Check for newer version of stored pages:" option
    appropriately.

    Michael Lang
    XQuiSoft LLC
    http://www.xquisoft.com/

    Mike, Apr 12, 2006
  5. Alain

    Alain Guest

    Hello Mike,

    This does not explain why in the first case the page is loaded from the cache
    and in the second page not. Does it have anything to do with the popup being
    openend??

    Alain, Apr 12, 2006
  6. Alain

    Mike Guest

    Is it possible that the page specifies that it is valid for a given
    amount of time, and that time has elapsed when the Page_Load is called?
    Check the expiration of the page in question.

    Use Fiddler to inspect your pages...
    http://www.fiddlertool.com/Fiddler/

    Michael Lang
    XQuiSoft LLC