Internet Explorer Caches my Video Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Blackie, Nov 28, 2007.

  1. Blackie

    Blackie Guest

    Everyone,

    I'm desperate here. I've created a .NET 2005 DirectX dll Windows
    control to run on Internet Explorer 7 to capture a picture from a web
    camcorder to place onto a card printer as part of a IE wizard setup to
    work with CRM 3.0.

    When I place the control in a Microsoft .NET 2005 application, the
    control works PERFECTLY ie. the video is displayed and unloaded on
    every run.

    However, when I place the control to run on Internet Explorer 7, the
    control I believe is cached and unless I close EVERY Internet Explorer
    window down each time I run the wizard, I get the following error
    (except on the first run obviously):

    "Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service.
    0x800705AA."

    That means that the control is NOT being unloaded. I've read that
    there is a Garbage Collection issue with IE 7 and that caching DOES
    happen. I've even tried to place the following tag in the .NET page
    that implements the control:

    <%@ OutputCache Location="None" VaryByParam="None" %>

    Makes no diff! Here is how I instantiate the control:

    <object id="oCapture" name="oCapture" classid="CLSID:
    5d592695-5013-4de4-89fd-7f9ffbf31c50" codebase="CCACardWriter.dll"
    width="178" height="200" border=2></object><br>

    PLEASE, any assistance would be appreciated. Somebody MUST HAVE come
    across this IE behaviour before. I've tried everything including
    GC.Collect(), special disposing of the control, etc. but the caching
    does not seem to be unloading the control for me.

    PLEASE HELP!!

    Thankyou. JB
    Blackie, Nov 28, 2007