    Ebenezer Enterprises - So far G-d has helped us.
    http://webEbenezer.net

    , Jun 9, 2013

    Also I'll pay someone $100 cash and give them a $200
    investment in my company if they help me find someone
    to work with. The company rewards investments to 3
    times their original amount. So you would receive
    anywhere from $0 to $600 on the investment part,
    depending on how things go for the company. I'll pay
    the $100 cash after working with whomever it is for 4
    months.

    , Oct 4, 2013

    On Friday, October 4, 2013 5:08:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
    > Also I'll pay someone $100 cash and give them a $200
    > investment in my company if they help me find someone
    > to work with. The company rewards investments to 3
    > times their original amount. So you would receive
    > anywhere from $0 to $600 on the investment part,
    > depending on how things go for the company. I'll pay
    > the $100 cash after working with whomever it is for 4
    > months.

    I'm happy to announce an increase here.

    I'll pay $300 cash and give a $300 investment in my
    company.

    , Dec 15, 2013

    Please don't swear here, Mr. Flibble.

    , Dec 15, 2013

    On Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:14:48 PM UTC-6, wrote:
    > On Friday, October 4, 2013 5:08:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
    >
    > > Also I'll pay someone $100 cash and give them a $200
    > > investment in my company if they help me find someone
    > > to work with. The company rewards investments to 3
    > > times their original amount. So you would receive
    > > anywhere from $0 to $600 on the investment part,
    > > depending on how things go for the company. I'll pay
    > > the $100 cash after working with whomever it is for 4
    > > months.

    Another increase:
    $500 cash and a $1,000 investment in my company.

    , Dec 17, 2013
  6. Öö Tiib Guest

    On Tuesday, 17 December 2013 22:22:31 UTC+2, wrote:
    > On Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:14:48 PM UTC-6, wrote:
    > > On Friday, October 4, 2013 5:08:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
    > >
    > > > Also I'll pay someone $100 cash and give them a $200
    > > > investment in my company if they help me find someone
    > > > to work with. The company rewards investments to 3
    > > > times their original amount. So you would receive
    > > > anywhere from $0 to $600 on the investment part,
    > > > depending on how things go for the company. I'll pay
    > > > the $100 cash after working with whomever it is for 4
    > > > months.

    > Another increase:
    > $500 cash and a $1,000 investment in my company.

    Might be more fruitful to try finding business partners from
    game developer communities. There may be someone interested
    in unorthodox communication/serialization modules/servers.
    Rest of the projects are mostly using relatively standardized
    solutions these days.

    Öö Tiib, Dec 17, 2013

    On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:34:04 PM UTC-6, Öö Tiib wrote

    > Might be more fruitful to try finding business partners from
    > game developer communities. There may be someone interested
    > in unorthodox communication/serialization modules/servers.
    > Rest of the projects are mostly using relatively standardized
    > solutions these days.

    I think some of those "standardized solutions" aren't
    being well maintained.

    Do you know of a bank that doesn't offer on line banking?
    I'm thinking of the sapling on the cover of "The Design
    and Evolution of C++". I'm doing what I can to prepare
    for the future. Consider also springfuse.com. They also
    are investing in on line code generation.

    Brian
    Ebenezer Enterprises

    , Dec 18, 2013
  8. Öö Tiib Guest

    On Wednesday, 18 December 2013 05:46:43 UTC+2, wrote:
    > On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:34:04 PM UTC-6, Öö Tiib wrote
    > >
    > > Might be more fruitful to try finding business partners from
    > > game developer communities. There may be someone interested
    > > in unorthodox communication/serialization modules/servers.
    > > Rest of the projects are mostly using relatively standardized
    > > solutions these days.

    > I think some of those "standardized solutions" aren't
    > being well maintained.

    May well be. Your idea is to take over that maintenance
    of some standardised solutions?

    > Do you know of a bank that doesn't offer on line banking?

    No. All banks I know offer such services over https in web
    browser. None of banks offers code generation services
    and your CMW does not sound like web application
    framework so what part of it is relevant to banks?

    > I'm thinking of the sapling on the cover of "The Design
    > and Evolution of C++". I'm doing what I can to prepare
    > for the future. Consider also springfuse.com. They also
    > are investing in on line code generation.

    Yes, good idea to generate code with code generator (instead
    of for example C++ template metaprogramming or C
    preprocessor metaprogramming) and good idea to do it
    online.

    However ... the main question feels to be not *how* to
    generate CMW code but *why* to generate CMW code?

    Öö Tiib, Dec 18, 2013

    On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:27:59 AM UTC-6, Öö Tiib wrote:
    > On Wednesday, 18 December 2013 05:46:43 UTC+2, wrote:
    >

    > > I think some of those "standardized solutions" aren't
    > > being well maintained.

    > May well be. Your idea is to take over that maintenance
    > of some standardised solutions?

    No.

    > > Do you know of a bank that doesn't offer on line banking?

    > No. All banks I know offer such services over https in web
    > browser. None of banks offers code generation services
    > and your CMW does not sound like web application
    > framework so what part of it is relevant to banks?
    >
    > > I'm thinking of the sapling on the cover of "The Design
    > > and Evolution of C++". I'm doing what I can to prepare
    > > for the future. Consider also springfuse.com. They also
    > > are investing in on line code generation.

    > Yes, good idea to generate code with code generator (instead
    > of for example C++ template metaprogramming or C
    > preprocessor metaprogramming) and good idea to do it
    > online.
    >
    > However ... the main question feels to be not *how* to
    > generate CMW code but *why* to generate CMW code?

    I'm not opposed to supporting a text/json format, but
    have to stick to what I have for now. Games and scientific
    applications are areas where binary protocols are used.

    One thing CMW does is automate the creation of marshalling
    functions.

    With the on line aspect, it's easier to get fixes out.
    The amount of code that has to be downloaded and built
    with the on line approach is much less than with older
    approach.

    As you mention existing apps have made their decisions.
    They would be hard to convert at this point (but maybe
    not in the future.) In the meantime there are new apps
    being written. If someone has a good idea they may
    start to pursue it and decide they need some help to
    make progress with it.

    , Dec 18, 2013
  10. Öö Tiib Guest

    On Wednesday, 18 December 2013 17:22:44 UTC+2, wrote:
    > On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:27:59 AM UTC-6, Öö Tiib wrote:
    > > Yes, good idea to generate code with code generator (instead
    > > of for example C++ template metaprogramming or C
    > > preprocessor metaprogramming) and good idea to do it
    > > online.
    > >
    > > However ... the main question feels to be not *how* to
    > > generate CMW code but *why* to generate CMW code?

    > I'm not opposed to supporting a text/json format, but
    > have to stick to what I have for now. Games and scientific
    > applications are areas where binary protocols are used.

    There are lot of other areas that use binary formats ... but
    these formats are commonly standardised as well. So the
    question is why to choose that custom binary format.

    > One thing CMW does is automate the creation of marshalling
    > functions.

    I already classified it as "good idea" about *how*.

    > With the on line aspect, it's easier to get fixes out.
    > The amount of code that has to be downloaded and built
    > with the on line approach is much less than with older
    > approach.

    I already classified it as "good idea" about *how*.

    > As you mention existing apps have made their decisions.
    > They would be hard to convert at this point (but maybe
    > not in the future.)

    I see no answer to *why* they decide to migrate to CMW.

    > In the meantime there are new apps
    > being written. If someone has a good idea they may
    > start to pursue it and decide they need some help to
    > make progress with it.

    That is the question. Why CMW? Existing standardised
    protocols have more tools (besides code generators/
    libraries) that support them.

    For example there is Wireshark. It sort of "understands"
    such protocols: http://wiki.wireshark.org/ProtocolReference
    If in some phase of production it is needed to monitor
    traffic of packets, then it is cheaper to pick protocol
    that Wireshark can monitor. Isn't it?

    Öö Tiib, Dec 20, 2013

    On Friday, December 20, 2013 10:33:30 AM UTC-6, Öö Tiib wrote:
    > On Wednesday, 18 December 2013 17:22:44 UTC+2, wrote:
    >
    > I see no answer to *why* they decide to migrate to CMW.

    I mentioned new projects that wouldn't be migrating
    from anything.

    > > In the meantime there are new apps
    > > being written. If someone has a good idea they may
    > > start to pursue it and decide they need some help to
    > > make progress with it.

    > That is the question. Why CMW? Existing standardised
    > protocols have more tools (besides code generators/
    > libraries) that support them.

    People need tools to outlast their projects. Ebenezer
    Enterprises has a business model to make it strong.
    Southwest Airlines has a saying that their fares are
    only available on their website. I think they get
    hotel and car rental companies to pay them to be
    listed on their website. In the same way, CMW code
    is only available on my website. If you want longevity,
    good maintenance, and free services, that sort of
    model is important.

    Remember the title of this thread. I'm reaching out
    to someone who needs help with their project. If
    someone refers themselves for this, they'll get $500
    cash, $1,000 investment in the company, and 15 hrs/week
    for six months of help on their project. For a small
    company that's a lot of help.

    > For example there is Wireshark. It sort of "understands"
    > such protocols: http://wiki.wireshark.org/ProtocolReference
    > If in some phase of production it is needed to monitor
    > traffic of packets, then it is cheaper to pick protocol
    > that Wireshark can monitor. Isn't it?

    I didn't see anything about the serialization library in Boost,
    S11n, or Protocol Buffers there. I'm not advocating a secret
    protocol or anything like that.

    Brian

    , Dec 20, 2013
  12. On 05.10.2013 00:08, wrote:

    > Also I'll pay someone $100 cash and give them a $200
    > investment in my company if they help me find someone
    > to work with. The company rewards investments to 3
    > times their original amount. So you would receive
    > anywhere from $0 to $600 on the investment part,
    > depending on how things go for the company. I'll pay
    > the $100 cash after working with whomever it is for 4
    > months.

    I don't think this plea is a good way to get contracts. It sounds
    desperate. And that in turn yields an impression of a failing business,
    which in turn implies something (software? service? contracts?) ungood
    somewhere.

    Without claiming a high success rate for dating women (I've only done
    that once, and she was a good friend of mine) from what I've been able
    to glean from others' tales, a sure-fire way to NOT succeed is to appear
    desperate. Appearance is, apparently, very very important to avoid being
    summarily dismissed in microseconds. And after appearance, for the
    tentative evaluation, reality must not diverge too much.

    So, to repeat: the /appearance/ the plea gives, is desperation, which is
    a turn-off signal.

    As I understand it you're developing and offering infra-structure -- a
    middle-ware serialization solution.

    First, in any attempt to solicit interest or contracts, do mention your
    website, <url: http://webebenezer.net/>. And make it a bit more
    good-looking and functional. Not just the bare facts.

    If you don't mention the site, then people might confuse your company
    with Ebenezer Enterprise in Mumbai, who evidently do catering services
    and such around the world (they come on top in a google search).

    Do also mention your product.

    And describe it more fully on the web site.

    I would suggest that you emphasize what's different from Boost
    serialization.

    You might also consider changing the name of the company to something
    more unique and descriptive, e.g. Ebenezer Serialization. Like, why not
    be up-front about what the company has to offer. That's after all what
    customers are interested in.

    That said, I would have liked to offer advice and knowledge about venues
    and ways to get contracts, but I have no such to offer. Maybe it's
    possible to advertize? Maybe -- via Google?

    Cheers & hth.,

    - Alf (off-topic mode)

    Alf P. Steinbach, Dec 21, 2013

    On Saturday, December 21, 2013 6:30:35 AM UTC-6, Mr Flibble wrote:
    > On 20/12/2013 23:36, wrote:
    >
    > I also suspect "Ebenezer Enterprises" is a shed or
    > bedroom based hobby project.

    Dell started in his dorm room and many others in a
    garage so, yeah.

    > > listed on their website. In the same way, CMW code
    > > is only available on my website. If you want longevity,
    > > good maintenance, and free services, that sort of
    > > model is important.

    > Longevity? What happens if you get run over by a bus tomorrow?

    Are you familiar Elijah and Elisha?

    And it came about when the L-rd was about to take up
    Elijah by a whirlwind to heaven, that Elijah went with
    Elisha from Gilgal. Elijah said to Elisha, “Stay here
    please, for the L-rd has sent me as far as Bethel.”
    But Elisha said, “As the L-rd lives and as you yourself
    live, I will not leave you.” So they went down to Bethel.
    Then the sons of the prophets who were at Bethel came
    out to Elisha and said to him, “Do you know that the
    L-rd will take away your master from over you today?”
    And he said, “Yes, I know; be still.”

    Elijah said to him, “Elisha, please stay here, for the
    L-rd has sent me to Jericho.” But he said, “As the L-rd
    lives, and as you yourself live, I will not leave you.”
    So they came to Jericho. The sons of the prophets who
    were at Jericho approached Elisha and said to him, “Do
    you know that the L-rd will take away your master from
    over you today?” And he answered, “Yes, I know; be still.”
    Then Elijah said to him, “Please stay here, for the L-rd
    has sent me to the Jordan.” And he said, “As the L-rd
    lives, and as you yourself live, I will not leave you.”
    So the two of them went on.

    Now fifty men of the sons of the prophets went and stood
    opposite them at a distance, while the two of them stood
    by the Jordan. Elijah took his mantle and folded it together
    and struck the waters, and they were divided here and there,
    so that the two of them crossed over on dry ground.

    When they had crossed over, Elijah said to Elisha, “Ask what
    I shall do for you before I am taken from you.” And Elisha
    said, “Please, let a double portion of your spirit be upon
    me.” He said, “You have asked a hard thing. Nevertheless,
    if you see me when I am taken from you, it shall be so for
    you; but if not, it shall not be so.” As they were going
    along and talking, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire
    and horses of fire which separated the two of them. And
    Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven. Elisha saw it and
    cried out, “My father, my father, the chariots of Israel and
    its horsemen!” And he saw Elijah no more. Then he took hold
    of his own clothes and tore them in two pieces. He also
    took up the mantle of Elijah that fell from him and returned
    and stood by the bank of the Jordan. He took the mantle of
    Elijah that fell from him and struck the waters and said,
    “Where is the L-rd, the G-d of Elijah?” And when he also had
    struck the waters, they were divided here and there; and
    Elisha crossed over.

    Elijah trained Elisha for about ten years to take his place.
    If need be G-d will have me do something similar.

    Brian
    Ebenezer Enterprises
    http://webEbenezer.net

    , Dec 22, 2013
  14. Daniel Guest

    On Saturday, December 21, 2013 7:10:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
    > On Saturday, December 21, 2013 6:30:35 AM UTC-6, Mr Flibble wrote:
    >
    > > Longevity? What happens if you get run over by a bus tomorrow?

    > Are you familiar Elijah and Elisha?

    If I could offer a cautionary note to Mr Flibble, the text continues:

    And he [Elisha] went up from thence unto Beth-el; and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him: 'Go up, thou baldhead; go up, thou baldhead.'

    And he looked behind him and saw them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she-bears out of the wood, and tore forty and two children of them.

    Be well,
    Daniel

    Daniel, Dec 22, 2013
  15. Daniel Guest

    On Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:58:28 AM UTC-5, Mr Flibble wrote:

    > One nutter joining in with another nutter. There is no God, fruitloops ...

    Sigh, it seems my little joke was sown on rocky places, where it grew not ...

    Daniel

    Daniel, Dec 22, 2013
  16. J. Clarke Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > On 22/12/2013 16:06, Daniel wrote:
    > > On Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:58:28 AM UTC-5, Mr Flibble wrote:
    > >>
    > >> One nutter joining in with another nutter. There is no God, fruitloops ...

    > > Sigh, it seems my little joke was sown on rocky places, where it grew not ...

    > I didn't read it to the end as as soon as I see anything resembling
    > scripture I switch off.

    In any case, any business plan that depends on divine intervention is a
    Bad Plan.

    J. Clarke, Dec 22, 2013
  17. Daniel Guest

    On Sunday, December 22, 2013 11:12:50 AM UTC-5, Mr Flibble wrote:

    > I didn't read it to the end as as soon as I see anything resembling
    > scripture I switch off.

    It is not so different, reading the texts and reading the standard, the authors
    of both knew what they were doing. You can think of the 4th century First Council of Nicaea as an early standardization effort.

    Daniel

    Daniel, Dec 22, 2013

    On Saturday, December 21, 2013 7:07:05 AM UTC-6, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
    > On 05.10.2013 00:08, wrote:
    >

    > > Also I'll pay someone $100 cash and give them a $200

    > > investment in my company if they help me find someone

    > > to work with. The company rewards investments to 3

    > > times their original amount. So you would receive

    > > anywhere from $0 to $600 on the investment part,

    > > depending on how things go for the company. I'll pay

    > > the $100 cash after working with whomever it is for 4

    > > months.

    > I don't think this plea is a good way to get contracts. It sounds
    > desperate. And that in turn yields an impression of a failing business,
    > which in turn implies something (software? service? contracts?) ungood
    > somewhere.
    >
    > Without claiming a high success rate for dating women (I've only done
    > that once, and she was a good friend of mine) from what I've been able
    > to glean from others' tales, a sure-fire way to NOT succeed is to appear
    > desperate. Appearance is, apparently, very very important to avoid being
    > summarily dismissed in microseconds. And after appearance, for the
    > tentative evaluation, reality must not diverge too much.
    >
    > So, to repeat: the /appearance/ the plea gives, is desperation, which is
    > a turn-off signal.

    I believe the quality of the service and software is high
    and by finding more users I'll be able to make the quality
    even higher. Obamacare has spent over 1 billion on website
    and the site was down this past Friday for 3 hours. It's
    possible to build much better site than Obamacare for much
    less money.

    Paying for references is not something I invented. From
    what I understand recruiters pay much more than my offer.

    > As I understand it you're developing and offering infra-structure -- a
    > middle-ware serialization solution.
    >
    > First, in any attempt to solicit interest or contracts, do mention your
    > website, <url: http://webebenezer.net/>. And make it a bit more
    > good-looking and functional. Not just the bare facts.

    Agreed, but don't promise any dates on that.

    > If you don't mention the site, then people might confuse your company
    > with Ebenezer Enterprise in Mumbai, who evidently do catering services
    > and such around the world (they come on top in a google search).
    >
    > Do also mention your product.
    >
    > And describe it more fully on the web site.

    I agree with this, but have other priorities that
    mean I don't get to this yet.

    > I would suggest that you emphasize what's different from Boost
    > serialization.
    >
    > You might also consider changing the name of the company to something
    > more unique and descriptive, e.g. Ebenezer Serialization. Like, why not
    > be up-front about what the company has to offer. That's after all what
    > customers are interested in.
    >
    > That said, I would have liked to offer advice and knowledge about venues
    > and ways to get contracts, but I have no such to offer. Maybe it's
    > possible to advertize? Maybe -- via Google?

    I like https://duckduckgo.com for searching.
    They don't track you like Google and some of the others do.
    I did advertise a few years ago with some free advertising
    that Google was giving away. Were they desperate? I
    guess, but it doesn't really matter to me.
    Perhaps others took advantage of Google's advertising
    giveaway and can bear witness to the veracity of my claim.

    , Dec 22, 2013
  19. David Brown Guest

    On 22/12/13 17:12, Mr Flibble wrote:
    > On 22/12/2013 16:06, Daniel wrote:
    >> On Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:58:28 AM UTC-5, Mr Flibble wrote:
    >>>
    >>> One nutter joining in with another nutter. There is no God,
    >>> fruitloops ...

    >> Sigh, it seems my little joke was sown on rocky places, where it grew
    >> not ...

    > I didn't read it to the end as as soon as I see anything resembling
    > scripture I switch off.
    >
    > /Flibble

    I recommend you re-read Daniel's post - I thought the joke was quite clever.

    David Brown, Dec 22, 2013

    On Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:49:29 AM UTC-6, Daniel wrote:

    > If I could offer a cautionary note to Mr Flibble, the text continues:
    >
    > And he [Elisha] went up from thence unto Beth-el; and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him: 'Go up, thou baldhead; go up, thou baldhead.'

    I'm not sure of the age of those who were mauled by the
    bears, but think they may have been immature people.
    Elisha may have also been reckless with his new power.
    After witnessing something amazing, he got carried away
    so to speak.

    http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/111915/jewish/Elijah-And-Elisha.htm

    , Dec 24, 2013