    How can I draw a horizontal line inside the box to divide the text
    content in two?

    (An HR tag breaks the box and cause a page split.)
    Topaz, Aug 16, 2007

  2. Topaz wrote:
    > I have defined a box is CSS.
    > How can I draw a horizontal line inside the box to divide the text
    > content in two?
    >
    > (An HR tag breaks the box and cause a page split.)

    Divide the text with two internal block elements and style the first
    with a bottom border

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 16, 2007

  3. Topaz wrote:
    > I have defined a box is CSS.

    what do you mean by 'box'?

    > How can I draw a horizontal line inside the box to divide the text
    > content in two?
    >
    > (An HR tag breaks the box and cause a page split.)

    maybe with another div?
    or by applying

    p {
    border-top:1px solid #000;
    }

    but I don't know want exactly you want to achieve. Please post a URL to
    demonstrate your problem.

    HTH
    bernhard

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply
    Bernhard Sturm, Aug 16, 2007
  4. On Aug 16, 4:12 pm, Topaz <> wrote:
    > I have defined a box is CSS.
    > How can I draw a horizontal line inside the box to divide the text
    > content in two?

    Don't know about that, but I did see Justin Timberlakes "Dick in a
    box" music video and it was pretty funny.
    Travis Newbury, Aug 17, 2007
  5. Topaz

    rf Guest

    "Topaz" <> wrote in message

    >I have defined a box is CSS.

    A box? How? What exactly is a CSS box?

    URL?

    > How can I draw a horizontal line inside the box to divide the text
    > content in two?

    <hr>?

    > (An HR tag breaks the box and cause a page split.)

    A page split? HTML has no concept of pages. And if a <hr> splits something
    then what you put the <hr> in is probably not a "box".

    Hmmm. Guessing. You are trying to put a <hr> into a <p>, thinking that the

    Show us a URL as to how a <hr> breaks your box.

    Given that you have come in from the dreaded google groups I quite expect to
    never to hear from you again. It was fun, however, to try to guess what you
    are really asking.

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Aug 17, 2007
  6. Topaz

    Topaz Guest

    On 17 aug, 12:15, "rf" <> wrote:
    > "Topaz" <> wrote in message

    > >I have defined a box is CSS.

    > A box? How? What exactly is a CSS box?
    >
    > URL?
    >
    > > How can I draw ahorizontalline inside the box to divide the text
    > > content in two?

    > <hr>?

    > > (An HR tag breaks the box and cause a page split.)

    > A page split? HTML has no concept of pages. And if a <hr> splits something
    > then what you put the <hr> in is probably not a "box".
    >
    > Hmmm. Guessing. You are trying to put a <hr> into a <p>, thinking that the
    >
    > Show us a URL as to how a <hr> breaks your box.
    >
    > Given that you have come in from the dreaded google groups I quite expect to
    > never to hear from you again. It was fun, however, to try to guess what you
    > are really asking.
    >
    > --
    > Richard.

    Richard - you issued the challenge, so you are hearing from me (after
    a delay, I admit).
    You forced me to examine my "definition" - it turns out that a <p
    class="...."> is not the same as
    does not. Right?
    And Jonathan and Bertrand, on the way to a solution I used input from
    you both.
    To all, my thanks (even from a Google Groups user :)

    PS What should I use instead of GG? Not OE6 surely?
    MFG
    Topaz
    Topaz, Aug 21, 2007
  7. Topaz wrote:

    > Richard - you issued the challenge, so you are hearing from me (after
    > a delay, I admit).
    > You forced me to examine my "definition" - it turns out that a <p
    > class="...."> is not the same as
    > does not. Right?

    A div and a p element is something definitely different. The p-element
    is used to structure text (A paragraph is a semantic element with
    respect to content). A div can be used as a block element in order to
    provide a layout container. I suggest you start to read some good books
    about CSS/HTML.

    I believe you are trying to incorporate something like this:

    <hr />

    The <hr /> would then serve as your horizontal separator between the two
    paragraphs.

    > PS What should I use instead of GG? Not OE6 surely?

    I use Thunderbird as my News-reader. This is handy enough for me, maybe
    others have different choices.

    > MFG

    does that translates into Mit Freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen? :)

    bernhard

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply