    client computer too.

    Thanks,

    Peter.

    BobLaughland, Feb 17, 2006

  2. BobLaughland

    Li-fan Chen Guest

    Hi Bob,

    Just the server, in your case. Even a text-based web browser designed for
    DOS (I can't vouch for it personally) can access your ASP.NET server.

    Best regards,
    -- Li-fan

    --
    Li-fan Chen
    Software analyst/developer, Entrepreneur

    Li-fan Chen, Feb 17, 2006

  3. BobLaughland

    Jeff S Guest

    ASP.NET is a server-side technology. The end result of all the fancy
    programming you can do with ASP.NET is just plain ole' HTML. The question of
    which browsers or clients can read your aspx pages will come down to how
    good the HTML is that your ASP.NET Web application spits out. ASP.NET does
    not prevent you from doing the wrong thing and sending down non standard
    HTML, invalid HTML, or HTML with proprietary extensions.

    There's a bit more that goes on and I'm sure someone else will jump in here
    and point out the browser detection features and how those might affect the
    readability of your pages - but the even so, it's all HTML and possibly
    client-side script at the end of the day from the browser's point of view.

    -HTH

    Jeff S, Feb 17, 2006