Hosting, GAC and casching

Martin Knott

I'm nearly at the stage of deploying a web app and I'm looking for a
host. Most packages give stats relating to bandwidth and number of email
accounts and so on, but for an ASP.NET host I've seen nothing about
whether they allow you access to the GAC, or whether they have any
particular policies about casching. Does anyone have any experiences
along these lines.

Interested to hear if particular hosts are either very restrictive or
unfair on these or related points.

It's not that my site will be high volume (or even popular:( ) but I'd
rather know in advance any pitfalls to watch out for. To this end,
anybody recommend a host. I'm hoping to pay about 100usd per year. (or
less!)

cheers,

Martin

Scott Allen

I like discountasp.net myself. I don't know what thier policy is
regarding the GAC but I'd advise you to avoid the GAC unless you
really find a need to deploy a file there. Caching is not a problem -
I imagine many hosts will recycle the asp.net process if too much
memory is being consumed, so you might need to watch caching a huge
amount of data.