Hot opportunity for Oracle consultants in NC

Discussion in 'Java' started by craig, Dec 21, 2007.

  1. craig

    craig Guest

    Here is a requirement from one of the client places we worked before,
    so chances of closing are high.

    Please see if we can get a candidate with the following profile.
    Client work location is in RTP (Research Traingle Park), NC.

    Excellent Oracle skills (PL SQL) is required.

    Unix Shell scripting, CRON scheduling, Toad/Sql Navigator is required.
    *Brio, Crystal reporting knowledge a plus.

    IBM MVS Cobol exposure a plus.

    $40 to 42/- per hour corp to corp.

    Regards

    Craig
    craig, Dec 21, 2007

  2. craig

    Lew Guest

    craig wrote:
    > Here is a requirement from one of the client places we worked before,
    > so chances of closing are high.
    >
    > Please see if we can get a candidate with the following profile.
    > Client work location is in RTP (Research Traingle [sic] Park), NC.
    >
    > Excellent Oracle skills (PL SQL [sic]) is [sic] required.
    >
    > Unix Shell scripting, CRON [sic] scheduling, Toad/Sql Navigator is required.
    > *Brio, Crystal reporting knowledge a plus.
    >
    > IBM MVS Cobol [sic] exposure a plus.
    >
    > $40 to 42/- per hour corp to corp.

    I have all those skills, except "Brio", unless you actually mean the little
    wooden train sets. I didn't think so. I've been using Oracle off and on for
    over twenty years. I've been exposed to IBM MVS COBOL but my badge isn't
    completely darkened yet.

    That rate is a sticking point, though. Would you consider tripling it?

    Doing so would reap huge dividends, we're talking direct fiscal benefit to the
    client. That forty bucks an hour will rent you at best a journeyman database
    person who likely will have their head full of wrong ideas about database
    structures; they might not even be aware that the basis of SQL is relational
    algebra, i.e., set theory. Hiring someone who really, truly knows one end of
    a foreign key from the other is worth it. At ca. $ 125/hr. you could probably
    retain a professional whose value will easily be double that in direct project
    cost savings, and more when you consider full lifecycle costs.

    The database is the heart of the system - if your data are bad, your
    information is bad. If you can't get at your data correctly, you got bad
    problems. Your database person is not the place to be penny-wise.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Dec 22, 2007

  3. craig

    TwelveEighty Guest

    On Dec 21, 11:13 am, craig <> wrote:

    > $40 to 42/- per hour corp to corp.

    Forty bucks an hour? You're joking, right?
    TwelveEighty, Dec 24, 2007
  4. craig

    TwelveEighty Guest

    On Dec 21, 6:40 pm, Lew <> wrote:

    > The database is the heart of the system - if your data are bad, your
    > information is bad. If you can't get at your data correctly, you got bad
    > problems. Your database person is not the place to be penny-wise.

    Or as the wise man once said: "Nothing is more expensive than cheap
    labor".
    TwelveEighty, Dec 24, 2007