    One user has forgot his password, and Administer wants to refresh it.

    Best Regards,

    Luqman

    Luqman, Jul 2, 2007

  2. Luqman

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Luqman" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > How can Administrator change the Password of existing User

    Are you using ActiveDirectory...?

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae, Jul 2, 2007

  3. Luqman

    Luqman Guest

    Dear Mark,

    I am using Sql Membership Provider.

    Best Regards,

    Luqman

    Luqman, Jul 2, 2007
  4. Luqman

    Riki Guest

    Luqman wrote:
    > How can Administrator change the Password of existing User, without
    > knowing his Old Password in Administer Security Tool ?
    >
    > One user has forgot his password, and Administer wants to refresh it.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Luqman

    First reset it, then change it.

    Be aware that the user may get an e-mail about these operations.

    --

    Riki

    Riki, Jul 2, 2007
  5. Luqman

    luqman Guest

    Hi,

    How can I reset the Password ?

    I did not find any option of resetting Password in ASP.Net Web Site
    Administration Tool, please advise.

    Best Regards,

    Luqman

    luqman, Jul 3, 2007
  6. Luqman

    Riki Guest

    luqman wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How can I reset the Password ?
    >
    > I did not find any option of resetting Password in ASP.Net Web Site
    > Administration Tool, please advise.

    In VB.NET:

    Protected Sub ResetPassword(ByVal username As String)
    Dim msUser As MembershipUser = Membership.GetUser(username)
    Dim strTempPW As String = msUser.ResetPassword("test")
    msUser.ChangePassword(strTempPW, "newpassword")
    End Sub

    --

    Riki

    Riki, Jul 12, 2007