    them.

    please help me regarding this issue. OR suggest me the best host.

    Thak you

    need hosting, Apr 10, 2007

  2. personally i would be careful with this website.

    the links at the bottom are all anchors, which leads me to think that it
    might be a website still under construction. so the information listed in
    there might be just some sample information that was inserted along with the
    design of the website.

    not to mention that the graphic on the right of the server boxes in the top
    sounds like a default file coming when somebody purchases a design.

    just my two cents.

    feel free to send me an email if you need help regarding hosting.

    Steve Belanger, Apr 10, 2007

  3. need hosting

    saz Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I need a hosting, So I searched throughout the net and found many
    > companies that provides various hosting plans example godaddy.com .
    > They offer many plans but I also found http://zeezagplus.com that
    > offers an unlimited hosting (that means web space) with unlimited
    > bandwidth just for $1. Is it true. How trust If I get hosting from
    > them.
    >
    > please help me regarding this issue. OR suggest me the best host.
    >

    > Thak you

    I've said it over and over - if it looks too good to be true, then it
    is.

    I would stay away from this host.

    saz, Apr 10, 2007
  4. need hosting

    Brian Cryer Guest

    >I need a hosting, So I searched throughout the net and found many
    > companies that provides various hosting plans example godaddy.com .
    > They offer many plans but I also found http://zeezagplus.com that
    > offers an unlimited hosting (that means web space) with unlimited
    > bandwidth just for $1. Is it true. How trust If I get hosting from
    > them.
    >
    > please help me regarding this issue. OR suggest me the best host.

    Despite the copyright 2003 at the bottom of the main page, the domain name
    was only registered in March 2007, and judging by its page-rank of 0 no-one
    is linking to it. So, its a new startup. Best of luck to them, but I
    wouldn't trust my site to an unproven company.

    I suggest that for any host you look it up on webhostingtalk.com to see what
    other people are saying about it. If it doesn't get a mention then stay away
    from it. If the host is unreliable then its money wasted (even if it is
    $1/month).

    Also, as others have said before in other threads, don't get carried away by
    offers of unlimited hosting. Most sites only use a couple of MB at most, and
    equally the bandwidth requirements of most sites must be very small.

    Personally I use www.bluehost.com for my basic hosting, but I'm sure there
    are cheaper shared hosts out there that others would recommend.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Apr 11, 2007
  5. need hosting

    Brian Cryer Guest

    >I need a hosting, So I searched throughout the net and found many
    > companies that provides various hosting plans example godaddy.com .
    > They offer many plans but I also found http://zeezagplus.com that
    > offers an unlimited hosting (that means web space) with unlimited
    > bandwidth just for $1. Is it true. How trust If I get hosting from
    > them.

    Please cross-post don't multi-post. If you want to post a comment to more
    than one newsgroup then cross-post, that way replies in one newsgroup will
    appear in the other as well.

    Multi-posting a message like yours could also give the impression that you
    are spamming and trying to advertise the host rather than genuinely asking
    for comments about them.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Apr 11, 2007
  6. need hosting wrote:

    > I need a hosting, So I searched throughout the net and found many
    > companies that provides various hosting plans example godaddy.com .
    > They offer many plans but I also found http://zeezagplus.com that
    > offers an unlimited hosting (that means web space) with unlimited
    > bandwidth just for $1. Is it true. How trust If I get hosting from
    > them.
    >
    > please help me regarding this issue. OR suggest me the best host.

    Frankly, I wouldn't trust them at all. First of all, the domain name
    zeezagplus.com was registered less than a month ago (Mar 28), which
    tells me absolutely nothing about their experience, let alone their
    reputation. And second, there is no such thing as "unlimited" in terms
    of hosting. There's always a limit and/or a catch.

    When it comes to bandwidth, the better term would be "unmetered".
    Personally, I'd rather go with someone who either has a set bandwidth
    transfer limit for each hosting plan, or that comes clean with the
    "unmetered" label along with a clear statement that tells the customer
    what it implies.

    And when it comes to hosting space, sooner or later, you will run out.
    There's no such thing as "unlimited" disk space. Even Google has a
    massive array of harddrives linked together (for all of their services,
    not just Gmail and for cache/search). It's not unlimited either, but
    they always keep track of disk usage and imminent failures, adding and
    replacing disks as needed. Judging by the amount of work needed just
    for keeping up with disk usages (not account for disk failures at
    first), $1 per month for so-called "unlimited web space" seems way
    underpriced, and is bound to make that company collapse on itself in a
    short time (even if they're just reselling space themselves).

    Returning to the case of zeezagplus.com, there's also the case of
    anchored links (#about_us, #services), which Steve pointed out, gives
    the impression that the website is still under construction. The fact
    that "Help" links to a page that only gives errors, the fact that
    "Contact Us" links to a Hotmail.com address and the fact that the page
    has a "Sponsors" section (at all) that uses a AdSense-like banner
    system don't add a great deal of confidence. Rather, they all remove
    the small amount of confidence that was left after considering the
    first two facts.

    Even moreso, as Brian pointed out, the copyright notice showing the
    year 2003 doesn't help much; neither does the obvious standard template
    used the design, nor does the text "New way to host U R Site" in the
    "logo" (to tell you the truth, it's not much of a logo anyway).

    The nameservers used for the domain zeezagplus.com doesn't spell out
    "trust us", either (ns1/ns2.webtricker.com), which in itself was
    registered about 3 weeks prior to zeezagplus.com, and by the same
    individual. The word "webtricker" tells me "we use the web to trick
    people". That might not be their intention, but that's how I read it.

    Last of all, when going through their order "process", I see that I get
    to what appears to be a contact form, where you fill in your name,
    address, e-mail, phone, domain name and hosting plan (all in text
    fields, mind you), which ends with a "thank you" message (without as
    much as validating the information I provided).
    http://zeezagplus.com/hosting/thanks.html

    This page also tells me to point the domain to ns1/ns2.zeezag.info,
    which appears to be registered by someone in Bangladesh, while
    zeezagplus.com/webtricker.com is registered to someone in India and
    zeezag.com to someone with a PO box in Wanatah, Indiana (a small town
    with a population of about 1000, according to my quick research). That
    in itself isn't a warning sign, considering the smaller world we live
    in today, but if they are closely affiliated or even part of the same
    single business entity, they should've at least let the domains be
    registered to that entity name (even if the addresses are spread around
    the world, I mean).

    To make matters worse, as of the time of writing this, ns1.zeezag.info
    and ns2.zeezag.info don't point to anywhere.

    All in all, I'd stay away from this "zeezagplus.com" deal. It's not
    worth it.

    Although I'd like to recommend myself for the hosting, I'm not yet
    ready with an automated control panel or automated account setup, plus
    I still have some challenges left with regards to accepting direct
    payments. (Not to mention the fact that the hosting plans might need
    some further adjustments -- suggestions about specifics are gladly
    accepted.)

    In the meantime, I think one of the deals at DreamHost
    (www.dreamhost.com) gives a great value.

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Apr 11, 2007