How can i block java web start from downloading jre .. but still launch app

Glenn M

How i can i configure a the web start client so that it ignore's any
request to download a JRE.

I have web start 1.4.2 and am trying to connect to an application
through web start that requests the download of jre 1.3

i am adament that this application will work with jre 1.4.2 and want
to block this download of jre 1.3 but still run the java application

how can accomplish this...

thanks

glenn

Andrew Thompson

How i can i configure a the web start client so that it ignore's any
request to download a JRE.

I have web start 1.4.2 and am trying to connect to an application
through web start that requests the download of jre 1.3

Wrote your own .JNLP file*, I think it will work from a
static HTML page on the local disk..

*
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jws/developersguide/syntax.html>

You need to alter the j2se element..
i am adament that this application will work with jre 1.4.2 and want
to block this download of jre 1.3 but still run the java application

...despite the best advice from the developer that it requires 1.3?

Good luck.

Peter Kirk

Andrew Thompson said:
On 28 Oct 2004 04:06:19 -0700, Glenn M wrote:

..despite the best advice from the developer that it requires 1.3?

If a java program runs under 1.3, shouldn't it also run under subsequent
versions of java?

Andrew Thompson

"Andrew Thompson" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse

If a java program runs under 1.3, shouldn't it also run under subsequent
versions of java?

Well, yes. In a *perfect* world it *should*.
This is the real world.

Some versions of 1.4 were decidedly quirky, and broke
things that worked in 1.3 (I'm hazy on the details).

To specify a 1.3.n version over 1.4 was quite common
at one stage.