How can I call mandatory part of XML .....

Discussion in 'XML' started by mamidogad@gmail.com, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Dear Sir;

    How can I call mandatory part of XML from other path and acheive
    validation process
    at the same time.

    My full XML is divided to three parts (front, body, and back) how can
    I call the front and back
    from other path, e.g.,

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//NLM//DTD Journal Publishing DTD v2.1
    20050630//EN" "journalpublishing.dtd">

    <input link="front.xml"/>

    <sec>
    </sec>........

    <input link="back.xml"/>

    Thanks

    , Mar 14, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > <input link="front.xml"/>

    *IF* your processor supports it, use XInclude.
    http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/

    If your processor doesn't support XInclude, you can achieve similar
    results by running the document through a suitable XSLT stylesheet and
    XSLT processor.

    If that isn't available either, you're stuck with processing these
    includes before shipping the document out to the user.

    Joseph Kesselman, Mar 14, 2007