how can I connect ruby with postgreSQL

Vellingiri Arul

Dear Friends,
how can I connect ruby with postgreSQL.
Please give some procedure.
how can I install the proper packages and what are the configurations I
am going to made.
what are the steps I have to follow that's what all I want.

by
Vellingiri

Damjan Rems

Vellingiri said:
Dear Friends,
how can I connect ruby with postgreSQL.
Please give some procedure.
how can I install the proper packages and what are the configurations I
am going to made.
what are the steps I have to follow that's what all I want.

by
Vellingiri

Google for "ruby DBI"

Examples:
dbh = DBI.connect('DBI:pg:mydb', 'user', 'pwd')
rs = dbh.select_all("select * from table where id = '#{someID}'")
dbh.do("update table set num=#{n} where id='#{someID}'")

sth = dbh.prepare("INSERT INTO table (v1,v2,v3,v4) VALUES(?, ?, ?,
?)")
sth.execute('a', 'b', 'c', d)

by
TheR

Vellingiri Arul

Damjan said:
Google for "ruby DBI"

Examples:
dbh = DBI.connect('DBI:pg:mydb', 'user', 'pwd')
rs = dbh.select_all("select * from table where id = '#{someID}'")
dbh.do("update table set num=#{n} where id='#{someID}'")

sth = dbh.prepare("INSERT INTO table (v1,v2,v3,v4) VALUES(?, ?, ?,
?)")
sth.execute('a', 'b', 'c', d)

by
TheR

Ok Friends,
Whatever you told and you gave one link know that link was very
useful for me.
But I am having only postgreSQl,Using that how can I able to install.
And also i have got lot of information form that site.
But ,I was unable to findout the proper solution for this.
Please explain clearly.

by
Vellingiri.

Marcin Raczkowski

Vellingiri said:
Ok Friends,
Whatever you told and you gave one link know that link was very
useful for me.
But I am having only postgreSQl,Using that how can I able to install.
And also i have got lot of information form that site.
But ,I was unable to findout the proper solution for this.
Please explain clearly.

by
Vellingiri.
not clearly:
RFTM

clearly
read documentation on ruby-postgres
read pickaxe,
use google

this question(or similar like how to use mysql, or Active Record outside
rails) was answered already many times, on this mailing list, on blogs,
in documentation there are examples, noone here will write software for
you(well i can my hourly rate is only $10)