How can I run WebService on Win98 System

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?V2FzaSBSZWhtYW4=?=, Jul 3, 2004.

  1. hi friends,

    I have one webservice which i want to run on win98 system because some reference in that webservice only run in win98, and my ASP.net application is on win2000 pro. I want to call that webservice from my ASP.net application how could i do that........ how can i publish my webservice on win98 , is it possible or not if not then what should i do ........ remember the DLL which is called by my webservice only run on Win98.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2FzaSBSZWhtYW4=?=, Jul 3, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2FzaSBSZWhtYW4=?=

    Raterus Guest

    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but .net framework doesn't run on win98.
    Even if it did, what would you run the webservice with...Personal web
    server? No IIS on win98 either.

    Raterus, Jul 3, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?V2FzaSBSZWhtYW4=?=

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    impossible with .NET Framework (ASP.NET runs only on Win2k or newer), but
    with SOAP Toolkit (assuming that having the server , say PWS, is not the
    issue) you should be able to do that.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke

    Teemu Keiski, Jul 3, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?V2FzaSBSZWhtYW4=?=

    Dan Brussee Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 22:57:02 -0700, "Wasi Rehman"
    <> wrote:

    >hi friends,
    >
    >I have one webservice which i want to run on win98 system because some reference in that webservice only run in win98, and my ASP.net application is on win2000 pro. I want to call that webservice from my ASP.net application how could i do that........ how can i publish my webservice on win98 , is it possible or not if not then what should i do ........ remember the DLL which is called by my webservice only run on Win98.

    As already posted, .NET framework does not run on Win98. However...

    A. Make darn sure the resource you need will absolutely NOT run on XP
    Pro. If it does, you should be ready to rock.

    B. If absolutely sure it will only run on Win98, keep in mind that
    SOAP (the underlying feature of Web Services) can be implemented over
    standard HTML. The inbound and outbound features are basic XML, albeit
    fairly complex XML usually. Your main problem will be in having Win98
    actually run your resource and be able to grab the results to send
    back over HTML.

    Dan Brussee, Jul 3, 2004
  5. Try Win 3.11 for work groups, but you are better off with DOS 6.1.1
    good luck
    Just kidding

    MS News \(MS ILM\), Jul 4, 2004