    to allow ASP.NET v1.1.4322. My question is: If I want to run ASP.NET 2.0
    applications, do I need a Web Service Extension to do this, and if so, how do
    I install and add it to the list? I have a VS2005Pro DVD available.

    =?Utf-8?B?T3BhbFBldGVy?=, Nov 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?T3BhbFBldGVy?=

    David Browne Guest

    "OpalPeter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello:
    >
    > In IIS Manager under Web Sites -> Web Service Extensions, I have an option
    > to allow ASP.NET v1.1.4322. My question is: If I want to run ASP.NET 2.0
    > applications, do I need a Web Service Extension to do this, and if so, how
    > do
    > I install and add it to the list? I have a VS2005Pro DVD available.

    Run the ASP.NET IIS registration tool from the .net framework 2.0 directory
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h.aspx

    David

    David Browne, Nov 2, 2005

  3. Thank You David:

    Actually, all I needed to do was run the installation for the .NET Framework
    v2.0 on the Windows2003 Server. During the installation process
    ASPNET_REGIIS.EXE is automatically run. The installation added the option I
    needed on the Web Server extensions page.

    Peter

    =?Utf-8?B?T3BhbFBldGVy?=, Nov 2, 2005