    thanks - dave
    david_at_windward_dot_net
    http://www.windwardreports.com
    David Thielen, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Hi dave,

    Thanks for your post!

    I am not sure what code in aspx page you wanted to debug.

    For server-side Asp.net code, we can just place break-point in the aspx
    page, VS.net debugger will recognize this and stop in the aspx code.

    Regarding client javascript code in aspx page, we should do some
    configuration in the browser, the KB below documented the detailed steps:
    "How to debug client-side script in Visual §³# .NET or in Visual C# 2005"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816173/en-us

    Hope this helps!

    Best regards,
    Jeffrey Tan
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    Jeffrey Tan[MSFT], Apr 10, 2006

  3. Hi;

    An example would be this:

    What if it displays nothing and I think it should have a value? How can I
    step through the evaluation it makes to get the value for this cell?

    David Thielen, Apr 10, 2006
  4. I would setup a temporary method consuming the databinding event where you
    can use the Trace.Write method to echo the values retrieved in the dataitem
    object exposed by the eventargs parameter that is passed to that method.
    (You need to set Trace="true" on the page directive)
    --
    HTH,
    Phillip Williams

    Phillip Williams, Apr 10, 2006
  5. Trace=true is what I was looking for - this is very useful - I didn't know
    about it.

    David Thielen, Apr 10, 2006