    There is a method using comments that I cannot remember.

    Many thanks in advance,

    Aaron
    Aaron Gray, Jul 31, 2007

  2. Aaron Gray wrote:
    > How do I make HTML that only displays on IE6 ?

    Only give the location to people you trust that only use IE6 and have
    them sign a contract that they'll never upgrade.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 31, 2007

  3. Aaron Gray

    Aaron Gray Guest

    "Aaron Gray" <> wrote in message
    > How do I make HTML that only displays on IE6 ?
    >
    > There is a method using comments that I cannot remember.

    <!--[if lte IE 6]>
    <![endif]-->

    Aaron
    Aaron Gray, Jul 31, 2007
  4. Aaron Gray

    John Hosking Guest

    Aaron Gray wrote:
    > "Aaron Gray" <> wrote in message
    >> How do I make HTML that only displays on IE6 ?
    >>
    >> There is a method using comments that I cannot remember.

    > <!--[if lte IE 6]>
    > <![endif]-->

    Close. More like:

    <!--[if IE 6]>
    <![endif]-->

    --
    John
    Wondering why that'd be so useful.
    John Hosking, Jul 31, 2007
  5. Aaron Gray

    El Kabong Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Aaron Gray wrote:
    >> How do I make HTML that only displays on IE6 ?

    > Only give the location to people you trust that only use IE6 and have
    > them sign a contract that they'll never upgrade.

    Brilliant, Blinky, Brilliant!

    Now if I could only think of a reason to follow this pathway to madness.

    :cool:)

    (my double chins are both smiling)

    El
    El Kabong, Jul 31, 2007
  6. Aaron Gray

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Jul 30, 7:10 pm, "Aaron Gray" <> wrote:
    > How do I make HTML that only displays on IE6 ?
    >
    > There is a method using comments that I cannot remember.

    View the source cage on my page at http://www.cwdjr.net/flash/grubs.php
    .. This forces flash code that uses an ActiveX object for IE browsers
    only. This has certain advantages on IE for large video file sizes
    such as this. (The video actually is a FLV flash video that you do not
    see in the source code. The SWF is just a container file that contains
    the control bar, large start button etc that links to the FLV that
    gets downloaded to the browser temp cache and can be played nearly at
    once if you have a fast enough connection - high broadband in this
    example.) Notice the object file just under the ActiveX one for IE.
    Most other browsers do not support ActiveX, but this ordinary object
    will work on most of them. This is enclosed in a not IE code so this
    path is taken by all browsers other than IE. This not IE code has to
    be modified a bit from the simple one shown at Microsoft, because the
    Microsoft one will not validate at W3C and the one used will.
    Microsoft has several other IE only conditional comments, including
    ones that consider the version of IE.
    cwdjrxyz, Jul 31, 2007