How do I do IE6 only

Aaron Gray

How do I make HTML that only displays on IE6 ?

There is a method using comments that I cannot remember.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Blinky the Shark

Aaron said:
How do I make HTML that only displays on IE6 ?

Only give the location to people you trust that only use IE6 and have
them sign a contract that they'll never upgrade.

Aaron Gray

Aaron Gray said:
How do I make HTML that only displays on IE6 ?

There is a method using comments that I cannot remember.

<!--[if lte IE 6]>
<![endif]-->

Aaron

El Kabong

Blinky the Shark said:
Only give the location to people you trust that only use IE6 and have
them sign a contract that they'll never upgrade.

Brilliant, Blinky, Brilliant!

Now if I could only think of a reason to follow this pathway to madness.

:cool:)

(my double chins are both smiling)

El

cwdjrxyz

How do I make HTML that only displays on IE6 ?

There is a method using comments that I cannot remember.

View the source cage on my page at http://www.cwdjr.net/flash/grubs.php
.. This forces flash code that uses an ActiveX object for IE browsers
only. This has certain advantages on IE for large video file sizes
such as this. (The video actually is a FLV flash video that you do not
see in the source code. The SWF is just a container file that contains
the control bar, large start button etc that links to the FLV that
gets downloaded to the browser temp cache and can be played nearly at
once if you have a fast enough connection - high broadband in this
example.) Notice the object file just under the ActiveX one for IE.
Most other browsers do not support ActiveX, but this ordinary object
will work on most of them. This is enclosed in a not IE code so this
path is taken by all browsers other than IE. This not IE code has to
be modified a bit from the simple one shown at Microsoft, because the
Microsoft one will not validate at W3C and the one used will.
Microsoft has several other IE only conditional comments, including
ones that consider the version of IE.