How do I set up menus in ASP.NET?

Frustrated .NET programmer

I can easily figure out how to do it in WinForms, but I can't see anywhere how
to do it in ASP.NET.

Grant Merwitz

Can you be more specific?
What do you mean by menus?

Like a site navigation?
Or like File, Edit, View, Insert etc.

Guest

ASP.NET 1.1 does not support this natievly, it would involve writing
javascripts, depending on how you want the menus to be populated and used it
might involve javascript and doing custom post backs.

ASP.NET 2 does support this natievly and there is a menu control built in.

Hope that helps,

Jason Lind

clintonG

Nice reference Mark. Thanks.

Can that menu actually be configured to display the drop downs as they are
displayed on this page [1] that descriobes the menu? That is, apparently
using positioning to include 'white space' between the tab and the drop
down?

<%= Clinton Gallagher

[1] http://www.aitoc.com/en/flex_menu_net.html