    WebService thread after certain amount of time...

    Thanks & Regards
    Sunil
    Jack Wright, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Set the executionTimeout in the Web service's web.config file to some
    suitable value. Make sure you have also <compilation debug="false"/> in the
    same web.config as executionTimeout is ignored if compilation is in debug
    mode. This should make your web service time out when you want it to. Note
    that the timeout is not exact - its likely to take a little longer than what
    you specify.

    Another thing you'll want to ensure is that in the web application (i.e.,
    the consumer), the executionTimeout is more than the web service proxy
    timeout. If your web page times out before the proxy times out, it can cause
    the socket used by the proxy to be leaked. The defaults are pretty bad in
    this respect: the proxy timeout is 100 seconds and the web page timeout is
    90 seconds.

    Sami
    www.capehill.net

    Sami Vaaraniemi, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Jack Wright

    yeswanthi

    Joined:
    May 28, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    how do I stop webservice execution after certain amount of time in java

    How to implement the same as described above in java.
    yeswanthi, May 28, 2007