    simply L-click, it doesn't bring up the window asking where you want to save
    it to. Is there a special tag for this?

    Thanks for all input

    Doc, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Doc wrote:
    > Okay, now that I've finally gotten this mp3 link to work, I notice when you
    > simply L-click, it doesn't bring up the window asking where you want to save
    > it to. Is there a special tag for this?

    Configure your browser differently.

    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 22, 2004

  3. >Configure your browser differently.

    What worthless input.

    No, there is no special tag. Put a message next to the link that says something
    like "To save, right click and select Save Target."

    Firefox is "Save link as", but we can assume that if someone is using Firefox
    then they probably already know how to save files to their computer.

    Matthew Superstar Swass, Dec 22, 2004
  4. Doc

    Doc Guest

    "Matthew Superstar Swass" <> wrote in message
    > >Configure your browser differently.

    > What worthless input.
    >
    > No, there is no special tag. Put a message next to the link that says

    something
    > like "To save, right click and select Save Target."

    What about all these downloads that even on a L click automatically bring up
    the option as to where you want to save the file?

    Doc, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Doc

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Doc wrote:

    > What about all these downloads that even on a L click automatically bring up
    > the option as to where you want to save the file?

    Those are exactly the same as any other link, the only difference is
    that your browser isn't set up to open those files itself or doesn't
    have a plugin capable of handling them.

    In the case of an MP3, I assume you are using Internet Explorer? In
    which case, it usually tries to open up the file in Windows Media Player
    unless you tell it specifically not to. So basically, it's your browser
    settings that are causing this.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Dec 23, 2004
  6. Doc

    Richard Guest

    Doc wrote:

    > Okay, now that I've finally gotten this mp3 link to work, I notice when
    > you simply L-click, it doesn't bring up the window asking where you want
    > to save it to. Is there a special tag for this?

    > Thanks for all input

    The left click activates the link and an attempt is made to play or view the
    file.
    When left clicked on, the default player for MP3's should activate and a
    download to the player should begin.
    The right click brings up the context menu items.

    Richard, Dec 23, 2004