How do you get a link to allow choice of d/l destination?

Doc

Okay, now that I've finally gotten this mp3 link to work, I notice when you
simply L-click, it doesn't bring up the window asking where you want to save
it to. Is there a special tag for this?

Thanks for all input

Leif K-Brooks

Doc said:
Okay, now that I've finally gotten this mp3 link to work, I notice when you
simply L-click, it doesn't bring up the window asking where you want to save
it to. Is there a special tag for this?

Configure your browser differently.

Matthew Superstar Swass

Configure your browser differently.

What worthless input.

No, there is no special tag. Put a message next to the link that says something
like "To save, right click and select Save Target."

Firefox is "Save link as", but we can assume that if someone is using Firefox
then they probably already know how to save files to their computer.

Doc

Matthew Superstar Swass said:
What worthless input.

No, there is no special tag. Put a message next to the link that says something
like "To save, right click and select Save Target."

What about all these downloads that even on a L click automatically bring up
the option as to where you want to save the file?

Dylan Parry

Doc said:
What about all these downloads that even on a L click automatically bring up
the option as to where you want to save the file?

Those are exactly the same as any other link, the only difference is
that your browser isn't set up to open those files itself or doesn't
have a plugin capable of handling them.

In the case of an MP3, I assume you are using Internet Explorer? In
which case, it usually tries to open up the file in Windows Media Player
unless you tell it specifically not to. So basically, it's your browser
settings that are causing this.

Richard

Doc said:
Okay, now that I've finally gotten this mp3 link to work, I notice when
you simply L-click, it doesn't bring up the window asking where you want
to save it to. Is there a special tag for this?
Thanks for all input

The left click activates the link and an attempt is made to play or view the
file.
When left clicked on, the default player for MP3's should activate and a
download to the player should begin.
The right click brings up the context menu items.