How do you know if IIS 5.1 is running?

Petra

I had a windows xp professional and I install the windows component so that I
can use the IIS 5.1 to test an ASP file. I went to start and click the run
button and then type mmc. As soon as the mmc window opens I click the console
but there is an error saying that there is nothing into it. I need help!

Thank you--
:)

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

MMC is not specifically for IIS, it is a generic container. This is not how
you access IIS. Do you have an Internet Services Manager or something
similar in the Control Panel? What happens if you issue IISRESET at a
command prompt?

Petra

Thanks for answering Aaron but I don't know that I had to access IIRESET at
the command prompt everytime I wan't to check my ASP pages if it's working or
not.

Since I used the IIS as my personal web server and I had seen my co-worker
used the MMC to run their ASP.Net pages.

Thank you very much again

:)

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

I don't know that I had to access IIRESET at
the command prompt everytime I wan't to check my ASP pages if it's working or
not.

No, I didn't suggest that... I suggested trying that ONCE, now, to see if
IIS is installed. Every time you want to check if your ASP pages are
working or not, load them in a browser.

Petra

Thank you very much for your answer.

I understand what you are saying.

Do you think I can also open the ASP pages or html pages inside the mmc so
that I don't have to worry what path I have to put in the browser.

:)