How do you send outlook appointment email?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Akira, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. Akira

    Akira Guest

    Could someone tell me how to send outlook appointment email from asp
    page?
    I would like appointment email just like one outlook can send out.
    I tried to look for an answer for this, but it seems exchange server
    has to be installed on web server if I want to use the following
    code??
    Is there way to send outlook appointment email without using
    outlook.Application object?
    If not, how can I make the code below work since we have separate mail
    server?
    If I'm misunderstanding how things work, please clarify my
    understanding too.
    Thank you for your help!

    Sub SendMeetingRequest()

    Dim objOL 'As Outlook.Application
    Dim objAppt 'As Outlook.AppointmentItem
    olAppointmentItem = 1
    olMeeting = 1

    Set objOL = Server.CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set objAppt = objOL.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)

    objAppt.Subject = "My Test Appointment"
    objAppt.Start = #7/18/03 1:30:00 PM#
    objAppt.End = #7/18/03 2:30:00 PM#
    objAppt.Location = "Test Environment"