How good is SOAP4R?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Oliver T. Nelson, Nov 9, 2003.

  1. I am looking at candidates for a soap server that I need to build. It
    will be handling upto 50 concurrent connections and passing some decent
    sized pieces of info. Right now I'm going to looking at WASP, Zope,
    Zolera, OSE for Python, and SOAP4R. But what I don't know about the
    Ruby solution is if its up to the challenge of handling even this number
    of concurrent connections (I guess not really connections, but 50
    simultaneous RPCs).

    I'm not real experienced in this area, but the other solutions seem to
    let apache handle alot of the issues (with the exception of Zope and
    OSE).

    Basically I guess I'm wondering if its possible to build a SOAP server
    with a Ruby code base that can be used as part of a mission critical
    application.

    Also, does SOAP4R support SOAP with Attachments?

    I really hope that I can do this with Python or Ruby, as I really enjoy
    coding in these languages more than Java, and I don't want to use C# as
    I want to build this as a Linux based solution.

    Any advice and opinions?

    OLIVER

    Oliver T. Nelson, Nov 9, 2003